Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright I was looking through exhaust and I settled on the Greddy EVO-TT only to find out now it won't be available to me untill it's summer time in the Greddy world, which in real time means some time next winter.

Now what I'm looking for is:
1) Exhaust Must Be Stainless
2) Obviously must fit my car 92-95 Civic EX Coupe
3) It has to be a Cat-Back System or . . . . (I'll get to that later)
4) I would prefer a 70mm exhaust, which is 2 3/4 inch exhaust, If I can't find this then I will make my own (I'll get to this later)
5) Exhaust actually has to be available NOW

OR. . . . . .
If I don't find an exhaust system now, and I need to know this shit before the end of the night if possible, I need to find exhaust parts
1) a muffler, preferably stainless, but this exhaust will only be on a year or so , so it really doesn't matter
2) I need flanges to make the exhaust bolt to the downpipe and to make the exhaust system in a few different pieces.

Any help ladies and gents would be much appreciated.

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CLICKY CLICKY

What does everyone think, the picture is actually of the alumninized pipe. Sound is kind of a problem here, how loud is a straight through exhaust after a turbo? how much does the turbo quiet down the exhaust.
Emissions are not a problem at all here.

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
60mm

well 60mm exhausts are only 2 1/4 exhausts and I was told that is too small and the only options I see are 60mm and 70mm.

Holy shit their 3" downpipe is expensive,

-TAG

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well

I just thought that if I was going to buy stainless that I may as well get something that will last me forever, so if I decide to go big boost in the future I don't need to make another purchase
if not I"ll make up my own shit and let it last just a little while and upgrade later.

-TAG

·
The H Badge is it!
5,657 Posts
whatthehell1051 said:
i believe 304 stainless does rust. so count forever out
yeah, u would need titanium for the forever effect... lets say ur car would rust before ur exhaust did..

and i also vote kteller or thermal

W

·
0 Posts
/\ damnn i was always told by the exhaust shop here that 3" is for 400hp and up

·
Registered
118 Posts
i also vote kteller or thermal
^^ Thermal makes great stuff but it is kind of pricey compared to the Kteller. Off topic, but has anyone run a KTeller in an eg/ek hatch? I would think the only difference is the length/flange due to the cat.

Edit: Go with a 3" for sure. I have a 60mm world sport and it sucks for turbo, boost creep starting from 6kish on a BB t-28, 2.5"dp (edelbrock) and no cat. Real quiet though, very sleeper.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
go find that link (posted recently) about the cheap mandrel bent pipe. You can get stainless for pretty cheap... then go buy a muffler off ebay. Something stock looking or magnaflow...

cut pieces to size following your stock exhaust system, then take to a muffler shop and have them weld it up. It should be fairly cheap that way :)

·
Tom Foolery
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fuck It

Screw This shit, I'll just make the damn downpipe, and get a cheapy muffler for now.

But how loud is a turbo exhaust does the turbo cut out a lot of noise or does it make it worse???

-TAG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts