Honda D Series Forum banner
1761 - 1780 of 1782 Posts

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,761 ·
any updates Greg ???
Yes, I can take the car on rips up and down the street next to the shop. That's about it, the track closed for test and tune until the Friday right before IFO (sucks). I'm going to just have to try to get the car aligned and work on preloading in the parking lot I guess.

The new temp gauge works well and is much more accurate. It lets me know the low temp thermo is opening up right around the correct time.

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,762 ·
I did finally get to get some test passes in tonight (39 degrees outside). Trying to get used to a new "style" of preloading and launching the car w/ the new clutch. The master cyl modification made a HUGE difference.
We're still ironing out the tune and a few small things, but it's all in seat time.
Once again left the track feeling like I hurt 2nd gear, which I'll check tomorrow.
It seems like once we get the launch back in sync consitstantly, the short track should come together and the car should get down to where it should be.

Also, DSS axles...worth every penny so far :TU:

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,767 ·
what happened to ya car. seemed to be breaking up a bit. did u break osmething at the end or just miss shift? that red car seems to move. love how it sounds when in boost on the dyno
It was breaking up on the top, it was only spark plugs. I heard it while driving. They say they couldnt hear it from the starting line, and nothing really showed up on the log. Swapped the plugs, it smoothed back out.
That was the Friday before IFO. 2 datys later the car went 10.85, bad launch and fighting an ongoing tranny problem

7 days later at the Import Showdown, last race of the year, 2nd attempted pass 2nd gear completely broke. The we loaded it up on the trailer. Got back to the shop, pushed it off into the shop...and it hasnt moved a cm since.

I'll be putting a synchrotech carbon synchro/bearing set in it when I get time. we are just loaded down in the shop and the car is dead last on the priority list. It may be late December before I pull the motor (which I'm pulling the whole motor out and making some minor changes in the bay) and build a trans for it.

·
Banned
752 Posts
I was glad I got to see the 10 second pass at IFO; not so much the 2nd gear crunch at Showdown. The car definately makes some power.

·
Registered
Jeep wrangler DD
225 Posts
So how did that Tilton FCV work out? Did it have a factor in the said crappy launch or tranny problems on the 10.85 pass?

·
Registered
95 honda del sol Si
271 Posts
I did finally get to get some test passes in tonight (39 degrees outside). Trying to get used to a new "style" of preloading and launching the car w/ the new clutch. The master cyl modification made a HUGE difference.
:TU:
there's 89 pages to this thread and I'm a bit tired/lazy to try to find what master cyl mod you did. mind explaining? thanks

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
well greg no longer owns the car..he sold it..kept the motor and everything but just sold the chassis...

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,775 ·
I was glad I got to see the 10 second pass at IFO; not so much the 2nd gear crunch at Showdown. The car definately makes some power.
Thanks man. It was good meeting you as well.

So how did that Tilton FCV work out? Did it have a factor in the said crappy launch or tranny problems on the 10.85 pass?
The valve just softens the initial engagement. I used the "medium" sized jet so the difference wouldnt have been a night and day experience. The biggest factor that helped the launch were the DSS axles.

there's 89 pages to this thread and I'm a bit tired/lazy to try to find what master cyl mod you did. mind explaining? thanks
Go back 2 pages
:TU:

well greg no longer owns the car..he sold it..kept the motor and everything but just sold the chassis...
True story...a new chapter will begin VERY soon :bigok:

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
is there going to be a new thread or will you continue with this one?

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
cant wait to see the new one greg.

1761 - 1780 of 1782 Posts