Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,745 ·

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,375 Posts
Sweet shit on the dss axles. I talked to Frank from there yesterday. I have to ship him my axle and he is going to repair it. His quote "can you send me a pic of where it broke, ill be quite honest the dss 5.9 package doesnt break outers"
my reply" id have to cut the boot off the outer to send you a pic frank, i dont really want to do that"
so its looking like i broke this axle where nobody else has... awesome

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,750 ·
Goodluck at IFO hoping for some clean passes and video of said clean passes of course!!!!

Question about IFO is that usually a decent turn out down there we have been wanting to hit some southern events.
Thanks, IFO in Montgomery is a HUGE turnout (November being a larger event than March), as is the IFO in Gainesville.
The Louisiana events are fair. The TX events are big as well.

·
Hi hater!
12,547 Posts
Thanks, IFO in Montgomery is a HUGE turnout (November being a larger event than March), as is the IFO in Gainesville.
The Louisiana events are fair. The TX events are big as well.
Might have to mark this one down on the calender for next year Texas is a bit of a hike but Miss isnt to bad.When you gonna come up to the WCF in Maryland??

·
Premium Member
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,759 ·
hmmm, even tho i only broke one axle in my ED, i still want those!
get some!

totally legit question.

If you really messed up a launch or wanted to for some reason, could you break one of those axles?

Without a doubt, yes.
It's a man made part, it can be broken.
I'll definitely do all I can to not damage one, and I know they wont damage easily; but any car part (especially a race part) under certain circumstances can be broken. DSS axles are extremely tough. We've had one of the original a sets in the H22 car for years and never have even torn a boot. That cars has been through more launches and broken transmissions than any I've seen...but never once has there been a axle problem.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
any updates Greg ???

1741 - 1760 of 1782 Posts