Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to first start off this review by say THANK YOU! To Greg from Go-AutoWorks. Their customer service was fantastic :D

The product came in a large box filled with packaging peanuts and each piece was individually wrapped with bubble wrap. This protected the finish of the CAI, which looks pretty sweet

This install was a two stage ordeal, the first time the piping was shipped it was setup for a 5th gen civic, while it is similar to the 6th gen, the front part of the subframe is different and it caused a small issue with fitment as shown here

Here it is to close to the subframe to add a filter (I tried numerous positions but couldn't get it far enough away from the frame to add filter)

With these pictures I emailed Greg with the information and he responded quickly and sent me a FedEX voucher to send it back to him to be corrected, he was professional and took full responsibility to make this right for me :). Within a week I got the package back with a fix, put it back on the car and presto:

A bend was added to the end of the tubing, allowed for a perfect fit and the filter fits very nicely inside the area behind the bumper and in front of the wheel well. Picture of final install

Here is a before picture to give an idea:

Here is a picture of it pushed to the throttle body, the clamps that came with the kit were fabulous. Good silicone tubing and solid stainless steel clamps:

Overall - 5 out of 5 stars. The CAI is top notch quality, sounds great and the fitment is perfect. The customer service was outstanding, if all their products are this quality, I would recommend them without question, but the customer service is the best I've had in this industry for some time. Thanks again!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about getting a SRI, but my last civic had a CAI, and I liked the added mid range torque, this is no exception. I am happy to report that it feels like it is no longer choking on lack of air in the higher revs :lol:

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
986 Posts
Nice !

If you don't mind me asking how much did that set ya back?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was roughly ~190, in the grand scheme of things a fantastic deal :)

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
In the past, my CAI and intercooler piping woud rattle in the hole..

SO, take a piece of vac tubing and slit down the middle and slide around the hole.
Now it wont damage intake and keep rattle noise to a minimum.

I also did this for my mishi rad thats close to rad support.

·
Registered
99 ex
119 Posts

SO, take a piece of vac tubing and slit down the middle and slide around the hole.

^^^this^^^

I damn near rubbed a hole through my cai on my hyundai before I caught it and put a rubber seal around the hole.

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,673 Posts
awesome looking cai, man!

and awesome customer service as well.

will definitely get one for my ED hatch when funds permit.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Ex Turbo
1,826 Posts
Yep, I try to do business with Go-Autoworks whenever I can. I ordered a set of piston rings late last week. They came yesterday and I was able to get them in today and start up my car!

I have his Street Kit turbo system and will most likely bug him for a filter/pre-turbo piping system soon!

Good looking CAI!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

the CAI doesn't move around all that much (maybe 1/16 an inch it either direction) and I have about 1/2 inch clearance all aroun...but this is a great idea to clean up that area a little :D

I will do it this weekend :D...thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
A buddy of mine as a full turbo kit from Greg on his EK sedan. I did 100% of the installation of the kit, and the kit fit FLAWLESSLY. If I had the extra cash, I'd grab an intake for myself. I just can't justify spending $200 on an INTAKE. lol

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A buddy of mine as a full turbo kit from Greg on his EK sedan. I did 100% of the installation of the kit, and the kit fit FLAWLESSLY. If I had the extra cash, I'd grab an intake for myself. I just can't justify spending $200 on an INTAKE. lol
Its less expensive than an AEM intake, and from personal experience better quality :D (had one on my 2001 civic, didn't hold up very well when the welding on the intake to bracket broke)

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First and foremost, thank you for your purchase and your honest review. Most of all, thank you for how you handled the situation.

Thank you also for the info; which has led to a permanent design change.

Thanks, everyone for the positive feedback; we appreciate it.
You are welcome :D

I'm very happy that I could be of some use...if you ever need a guinea pig for 6th gen test fitting let me know :)

·
Registered
1994 del Sol S
1,103 Posts
Its less expensive than an AEM intake, and from personal experience better quality :D (had one on my 2001 civic, didn't hold up very well when the welding on the intake to bracket broke)
I'd never spend money on an AEM intake anyways. I have one, but it was given to me for free. IMO, eBay intakes are better than AEM's.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd never spend money on an AEM intake anyways. I have one, but it was given to me for free. IMO, eBay intakes are better than AEM's.
:lol:

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts

You are welcome :D

I'm very happy that I could be of some use...if you ever need a guinea pig for 6th gen test fitting let me know :)
Thanks for the info a fedback!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts