Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have a 97 civic d16y7 with 97 miles auto yes not a race car lol. When I first bought the car I upgraded suspension replaced timming belt and all mounts and hoses. I recently had a valve to freshen it up. This was nice but the added bit of power if killing the already hurt tranny. I plan to replace soon and needed some advise on this first step.

My plan is to slowly make this a daily driver with max allowed balls for engine and tranny.

1 - can I replace my existing automatic tranny with the si automatic tranny that has shorter gears?(I think)
2 - what's the most NOS or turbo not decided yet can this engine and Trans hold?

I'm gonna install bolt on after tranny (fuel rail, grottle body,fuel pump,intake manifold,exhaust manifold, msd, distributor, cables, plugs and ecu for air fuel ratio and or timming.
Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fuel pump, rail, msd, throttle body, distributor will do nothing without supporting mods(ie turbo). Not to sure about auto gearing but if your swapping a trans, might as well make it a manual swap.

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
328 Posts
100% of the 4 cyl nitrous motors I've ever seen personally didn't last long. From 50 hp thereabouts to someone i knew who bolted 150 hp to a b16

If you dive into a manual swap getting all the parts is most of the battle, the rest is the pedal install

1 - 3 of 3 Posts