Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever had to grind down a little bit off of the girld to make eagle rods fit. the reason im asking is because i assembled my bottom end and the rod bolt is hitting it just a little.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
seems to be a common problem. just rotate the crank until the rod hits and mark where you need to grind. you should be fine, people have been doing it forever.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was just a lil skeptical about it but thanx for the response +1 for you

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah i just put the eagle rods in my block and i had it all assembled and i rotated the crank to see if i cleared the cylinder walls for the rods. it turned just a lil bit and then stopped. went back the other way and it stopped again. so i pulled the oil pan off and looked around for a bit and noticed it hitting the girdle. So i just took the girdle off and grinded it down and had to do it 3 or 4 times to give it enough clearence. I wish i would have known about it before i assembled it all the first time.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i just put the eagle rods in my block and i had it all assembled and i rotated the crank to see if i cleared the cylinder walls for the rods. it turned just a lil bit and then stopped. went back the other way and it stopped again. so i pulled the oil pan off and looked around for a bit and noticed it hitting the girdle. So i just took the girdle off and grinded it down and had to do it 3 or 4 times to give it enough clearence. I wish i would have known about it before i assembled it all the first time.
thats how i found out.. lol. i felt like a dumbass.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tuner toys. it doesnt say in the tuner toys site and the part numberthat is on tuner toys isnt on theeagle's site or maybe i havent search it correctly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
he did it wrong. You didn't have to notch it like that. All you needed to do was grind away a little on the underside of the girdle. Mine however did not need grinding. Don't know why but it cleared.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WOW thats a big chunk. i was goin to grind a 2 to 3mm. just to barely clear it. but hey what works, works i guess

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
It's not done "wrong". You notch the girdle to clear the rod bolts. The girdle clears the bolts, so it's done correctly...accesive, but correct. I didn't notch the girdle. The block was being assembled while I was @ SEMA last year by the machine shop that had the motor. Could they have notched less, positively, will it damage anything notching more...no.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so does anyone know the torque specs on those arp 2000's?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts