Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a choice of head for that matter. Overall immediate and long turn performance in mind, which would be better in the long run: My buddy is willing to hook me up for a STEAL on a GUDE port/polished d15b7 head, milled to hold high compression, with good internals that are capable of holding high RPMS, w/ a STR cam gear. OR: keep my stock z6 head, and do springs and retainers like i was planning on doing to begin with. btw, ill be running a boosted set up.
guess the big question is, how much more difference does having a vtec head make in relationship to a WELL built non-vtec head.
also, if it was more or less set up for high compression, will it still be good for boost?

please comment ASAP as the head may be gone by the end of the week if i dont make a decision. thanks

darren

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Recently, I've not heard too many good things about the GUDE work. But since I'm not familar with the b7, maybe someone who is can comment on the port differences between the heads.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
guess the big question is, how much more difference does having a vtec head make in relationship to a WELL built non-vtec head.
1) i would not consider the gude head a "well" build head. but that might just be me....
2) it would depend on the cam used in either head. if you swapped the cam in the vtec head, but kept the stock cam in the b7. then the b7 would be the loser head. although for a full out race engine it comes down to the whole vtec vs non-vtec. imho, i would run the z6 head. slap a zex cam in the z6 head with springs and retainers with a mild port call it done. <- for boost applications anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts