Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1988 Civic DX
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the crx kit the ricer i baught the car off of tried to put on my civic, he used 3m tape to hold it on, after cutting the stock civic plastic bumper up as a support...
i then used fiber glass and resin to actually hold it on, and now im going to use a little bit of fiber glass filler to smoothen it all out... plus i used some "gutter guard" as some mesh... kinda ghetto fab, but not like the 3m tape Mr. Ricer used...

im planning on painting it... so i sanded i smooth, well at least primer then prolly selling it and getting some stock bumpers back, i know some ricer will want a kit for his crx for like 200$... i have the side skurts and rear bumper... still working on them but we'll c whats gonna happen

and now some pics-
ghetto mesh

3m tape

cut up bumper

more ghetto mesh

·
Registered
1988 Civic DX
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah... as long as it looks decent i dont really care too much about it, but i dont want it to look like crap then be stuck with it if i cant find any stock bumpers so im gonna put some more work into them... plus i dont really have a paycheck cuz im laid off from work right now so im mostly jsut working with what ive got around my house that ive skooped from work lol

·
Registered
1988 Civic DX
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Well heres an update...
cam was lost for a bit so i missed pics of the fiberglass filler and bondo stage and now here it is lol...

then there was a bit of rust on the bumpers so i took some tremclad and my grinder and now its all gone

and now this is what it looks like on the car...

its just sitting on there right now because i need to find the bumper fill peice... and i might just sell it to some ricer.. same with the back bumper... which i will post in a few days

p.s. hood is next... sanding off all the black paint and going white again... and yes i know my backyard is ghetto from extensive renos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts