Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
About a month ago a purchased a turbo kit for my sol that came off another d16 sol so it has already been fitted and all. I am currently about to start getting the car ready for installation and wanted to see what all supporting mods that people would suggest, For example FPR, Fuel Rails, High Flow Cat, AEM Tru Boost, Ect.. Ive never really messed with Turbos before so I want to do it correctly or at least have fun trying things out. Im going to eventually do a head swap to a y8 and build the pistons up, but for now I am just bolting it on to a stock motor. I will not run a lot of boost on the stock internals, maybe between 5-8 psi or whatever it can take safely.

Here is what the turbo kit consists of
1. .50 trim Garrett T3/T4 turbo (rated for 450) 0 miles on New CHR polished Coldside
2. Pfabrications A/C compatible T3 Manifold
3. HKS SSQV3 BOV
4. DSM 450cc Injectors W/ resistor box
5. 2.5" downpipe and 1" dumptube fitted around compressor
6. Bar and plate intercooler
7. all intercooler piping
8. wastegate w/ 5 psi spring

I also already have a Full Catback Exhaust and I am ordering a new ECU this week.
Thanks for any input. Going to start trying to put this monster in sometime in the next week or two.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
What exactly are your goals? Your probably good for 250 hp with DSM 450 and a stock fuel pump but you probably want to upgrade the pump anyway if it's old and has a ton of miles. You don't need fpr fuel rail or high flow cat, fpr you possibly will need if you get a larger pump, stock fuel rail is good for like 400+whp and most high flow cats you find on ebay are just test pipes so just get rid of the cat or get a larger one

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My goals are maybe between 200-250 in that range, whatever the engine can handle safely. I bought the car back in august just to have something to fix up and play with. My future plans is to possibly do a mini me to a y8 head, build a full d16 engine, or possibly swap to a b16. I couldn't decide which route I wanted to go exactly so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the turbo for the d16. My thinking was if I ever wanted to go B series I would already have the kit and would just need to get a new manifold.
I was thinking the AEM fuel rail, FPR because I do intend to build this car partly for show and go so I figured it would look nice under the hood. Was going to do an oil catch can and various things.
I have built a lot of cars in my day but this is my first Honda, first Turbo and I am new to tuning in general. So I want to do what I need to do to be able to bolt this stuff on and it run decently. Its not a daily driven car or anything, just a weekend toy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts