Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a few Q's about getting my head machined.

My head will consist of:

Skunk2 stg.3 cam
Skunk2 std. size high compression valves
Skunk2 valve springs
Skunk2 titanium retainers
Skunk2 intake manifold
Skunk2 68mm throttle body

My question is. What do I need to have done to make this head flow the best?
So far I was thinking of a port and polish, 3 angle valve job, and I would like to get it milled(I'm unsure of how much to mill, sugestions please). If there is anything I'm missing or you have sugestions, your help is much appreciated.

-craig

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
are you going to boost it? if not that TB is a little big. it really depends on what your power goals are as far as how far you want to mill it.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Skip the larger TB, it'll hurt more than anything. As for the cam, go with Crower or Bisi.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I had a talk with the shop that I'm going through that suggested this supposed stage 3 cam and he couldn't tell me a damn thing. Other than he will call skunk2 and call me back... the shop closed an hour ago. No call. The guy at the shop said skunk2 shipped the cam this week. So I'm assuming ill be getting a stage 1 cam and he can have it back.

So I guess I have a new question.....
What cam should I go with? I plan on running 12.5:1 compression pistons. Not sure on size but the block will be sleeved and bored(not sure how big).
The car will be mostly track driven.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I can have the cam sent back. I just have to pay a re stocking fee.
Ill have to call and check if my valves valve springs and retainers will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you have a shop that builds complete motors, and builds parts specifically for their motors then that's it. Those parts will work best with what they were designed for.

Sorry, I hate to say something negative about anyone, even more so because I don't know them. But I don't know if I'd trust your source. Definitely I'd talk to Bisi, or Larry at Endyn. Both are very knowlegeable. Bisi is the sohc master. Although I haven't had the pleasure of speaking with Bisi his reputation is spotless in my book. I've heard nothing but good from him, and his record in the sohc honda field is amazing. Larry is a god. He's older than dirt, and has been at the top of engine building for just as long. The more I discover about him the more in awe I am that someone could have such a profound effect on the industry, which from what I hear isn't even his main focus.

Sorry for the rambling, but that would be my first step. They are both very busy people, but I think they both wouldn't turn a shoulder to you. And I feel they above anyone could steer you in the correct direction to accomplish your goals.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I can pick up a gsr throttle boddy for $30. Will that be ok? And would a 60mm throttle body be good for an upgrade?
If you intend for the car to be primarily track driven then go with the Bisimoto Type X hardwell. It's a bit pricier than any other unit but it is also made by Bisi who has pioneered SOHC performance. If you're not familiar with him, he currently has a Honda Element running 9's all motor, powered by a F22 w/ D-Series trans IIRC. As for the throttle body for 30$, you might as well pick it up. Just be sure to port match it to your intake manifold before you install it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts