Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they have a deal right now at frys for this card for $25 with $20 mail in rebate. so 5 bucks for a video card. is it any good? I pretty much only watch video on youtube etc. some times dvds, sometime I play starcraft. would I even see a difference. when I view youtube in full screen the picture pretty much goes to crap. will this change that at all?

running 900mhz w/ 512ram, ........

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
no lol, not worth it. The screen goes to crap because of the resolution of the video not the gfx card. The only place you would see a difference would be starcraft.
well what exactly do you mean goes to crap? it looks bad or it gets all laggy?

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, it doesnt go to crap. it just looks worse a little laggy I guess now that you say that. it would be sick if it looked the same as it does when its small, like when watch movies :) . what about watching dvds on my computer. would it help that at all??

·
Registered
468 Posts
the youtube videos it's mostly the resolution they are, they can't be blown up too large and still look crystal clear. I've seen shitty quality on a variaty of hardware from online videos. Lower quality = less bandwidth and storage space.

the best thing I've done for video playback on like DVD/media center was to get a supported codec installed and updated.

The deal I saw is over now (MIR went through oct 31), but buy.com had a 6200 for $39 - $25 MIR - $10 for using google checkout for the first time.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
GeForce 4's don't get enough credit, the MX is only NOW getting games that won't support it.

If I built my server it would have an MX in it for sure, unless my pops feels like parting with his radeon 7000 for free.

Heck, my ATI x800xt was the stuff when it came out but there are games that don't support it now, and it's only been what, 2 1/2 years since it came out? The MX came out what, 5 years ago?

6200s are nice in comparison but forget the shader model 3 advertisement. It don't work. Not quite enough horsepower if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
468 Posts
the 6200 is in mine now, decent card, kinda hard to love it though since it's only in there because my x1600 is now a paperweight.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info. I totally fell out of new hardware. the last and only video card I had was nvidia tnt2...., I believe. which did make the operating system look better. hopefully I actually get the rebate back. what the fuck is up with mail in rebates anyway.

·
10,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what about the video out on this card?
I did have another video card a long ass time ago that had video out that sucked.

Also what are you guys experiences with MIR's from frys????

·
Registered
468 Posts
video out has gotten a lot better over time, it's fine on my 6200, X1600 and FX5200 that are in the rigs right now. They've even gone to HDMI with HDR support for some cards now (woot for HDTV).

Never bought from fry's, have friends who have with no issues on sale or MIRs.

·
Registered
468 Posts
video playback and gaming on a standard TV was good enough to enjoy, the TVs have a hard time displaying text that is small, so surfing the web may not be worth it. It's clearer for both on the newer HDTVs (component out or DVI to HDMI).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts