Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good distributor for Gear-X gears other than Password JDM?

Gear-X is supposed have 1st, 3rd and 5th gears for a close ratio set for the d-series trans. Sent Password JDM 2 separate emails trying to find out if their Gear-X kit on offer has all three gears or just 3rd and 5th. Got no response after 2 weeks. Called long distance to talk to Password JDM staff directly and they didn't even know which gears were in the set they're selling! They had to have me call back twice, and in the end they still couldn't figure out which gears were in their set, or even how many gears were in the set! - someone thought there were 6, it's a 5-speed box!

I would like to go with the Gear-X gears, but want to buy from a company that actually knows what it is selling.

·
formerly Kit88
ek hatch
6,233 Posts
Kiwi is a member here, he is a Gear-X dealer. and it´s my sponsor.

just sent a pm to Kiwi.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
I need to call Jeff.......haven't talked to him since doing Hugo's tranny.

I do know the Gear-X special of free first gear with a FD purchase will end once the first gears are gone.

As posted on OCO

Well Gentlemen, I'ts been a long time since this offer has generated any interest...
05/28/09 until now 05/10/10 Almost a year?
We still have a few of the GEAR-X 3.083 1st. gears available, but due to the lack of interest it is unlikely that we will bother doing another production run.
On June 1. 2010 or once stocks of the 3.083 gears are gone, we will withdraw this deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I have been looking at the Mfactory kits as well, but thought I would go with Gear-X to support a kiwi-run business, especially someone from down in the deep south of the south island. I wouldn't mind hearing from "KIWI" about the availability of the d-series kit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
^^ are you still in NZ or in the states? if in NZ flick me a PM and il give you the details for the NZ dealer, although he doesnt carry stock of the D series stuff he should be able to get it at similar prices to what kiwi is offering

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
Anyone know a good distributor for Gear-X gears other than Password JDM?

Gear-X is supposed have 1st, 3rd and 5th gears for a close ratio set for the d-series trans. Sent Password JDM 2 separate emails trying to find out if their Gear-X kit on offer has all three gears or just 3rd and 5th. Got no response after 2 weeks. Called long distance to talk to Password JDM staff directly and they didn't even know which gears were in the set they're selling! They had to have me call back twice, and in the end they still couldn't figure out which gears were in their set, or even how many gears were in the set! - someone thought there were 6, it's a 5-speed box!

I would like to go with the Gear-X gears, but want to buy from a company that actually knows what it is selling.
i ordered mine from Kiwi, and got the free first gear.
better hurry, offer ends 6/1/2010

Jeff responds promptly to his emails, [email protected]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts