Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,

Been inspecting my gears recently as i'm rebuilding my box ready for an Mfactory LSD and full syncrotech rebuild kit.

I took pictures of the following gears as there is signs of wear on the slider teeth as some are a little burred and just wanted on an opinion on whether they are in good enough condition to put back into the box. Some are a little rounded on the top of teeth but thats to be expected with used gears.

Any marked with black marker are teeth that i've thought maybe a concern. Excuse the poor quality picture oily hands and poop iphone camera dont make for good photos.

Can any burred teeth be deburred? If so whats the best way? i may have access to a tumbler as a friend worls for a local machining company which is what they use to deburr new parts if that would be suitable.

Thanks lee

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Brilliant cheers chaps.

Also I have 5th gear from an l3 box counter shaft side with 28 teeth? I was under the impression they were all 29 teeth. It's very odd, the box ran very well.

I've counted it about six times now so pretty sure I'm not miscounting.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
Per Bense's Spec's that I posted as a sticky....

5th gear:
0.694 36/25 hf (88-91)
0.702 37/26 all non si (92-00)
0.750 36/27 sol si (93-95)
0.771 35/27 dx/si (88-91)
0.878 29/33 dohc zc (88-91)
1.000 29/29 mfactory (aftermarket)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked that already.

I've counted it another 2 times it definitely has 28 teeth, I'm a little baffled. I have a spare fifth though.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
OT: Lee, can you post a picture of 5th gear set, please.

Edit 1: I'll guesstimate that it'll be 28/33 = 0,848485 from 216 GTi.
Edit 2: There was even a factual thread about the matter here on d-so.
That will be exactly where its from! As im running a rover 4.4FD and have had a few rover gearboxes over the years, must have fitted that rather than the .878.

Thanks man. I'll post a picture when i get the chance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts