Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

My names Matthew and i decided to make an account because I'm planning on boosting my ej8 so I thought it'd be a good idea to start here. I'm still new to boost, still doing some research and haven't purchased any parts yet but I'd like to somewhat build some internals just for peace and mind for reliability. Let me know on thoughts! :)

So far what i've done to my car

- diy painted sunlight yellow
- em1 front + rear conversion
- geniune ek9 lip + grille + headlights
- geniune type R rear lip
- rear roof visor + window visor
- diy amber parker + indicator (in one)
- fully functional s2000 cluster
- DC5 base model steering wheel
- DC2 seats with inner rails swapped

- custom 2.5" catback (high flow cat and 5-Zigen B-pipe with OEM style center) through to twin loop muffler
- simota intake
- tog headers
- Edelbrock intake manifold (not installed)

- 16x7 buddyclub P1 old school
- ASR Subframe + ITR Rear Sway bar
- Koni SRT.T with Ground Control Coilovers (OTS Spring rates)

Wheels are now painted white

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
She's classy mate. Seems ripe for boost, you have done a great job so far. Let us see the engine bay, pop the bonnet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Bay is kinda standard, still in factory cypress green (lol). Sorry for the bad pic. Was in a rush today. Motors only done 134xxxkm so still fairly fresh and don't want to blow the motor anytime soon lol.

I hear people say pick 2 of the 3 - Cheap, Fast, Reliable. I was hoping for Cheap and Reliable for now.

Anyways I got some questions for boost, a friend of a friend is selling a full ACL Bearing Kit + NPR p29 75.5mm pistons for $270AUD which seems cheap considering the currency isn't the best. I was wondering if there would be any clearance issues with the pistons on the D16Y8 block and would I have to get custom length rods?

Long shot I'm hoping to achieve 220-250whp depending on my budget.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
After doing some quick research i think I'd stick with a 75mm piston to save me time to bore. So far, the parts which I'm hoping to get within the next month or two (because im still a uni kid haha) to prep the motor for turbo are:

75mm Nippon Pistons
75mm head gasket (because i need to change it anyway)
Eagle Rods (H or I beam) , though most probably H
ACL Bearing kit

thing is, im not sure if the pistons will slap.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Bay looks good man, I guess a whale penis would look weird on a bar, in a bay seems fitting. Sorry, I got jokes for days.

Have the bore checked for oval. Then decide on piston size?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks 93 red ls :)

and Whoshot I have not checked the bore for oval yet. I may check it sometime next week when my exams are over. But you can always hone the cylinder holes to get it back into shape and still utilise the 75mm right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts