Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lil question someone on here could probably answer pretty easily,

So I move around a bunch, when I move sometimes all of my stuff doesn't move with me. Long story short I think my orings and rubber shims decided to stay in Florida. So if anyone has them handy to measure for me or some part numbers, I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying not to have to call them if at all possible, it is the first generation GC sleeve setup before they went with eibach springs, and its for a EF

Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not weird

I smoke about 5 blunts a day, so as many would assume I will re read the answer around 8 times, before it sets in

·
Registered
97 ex coupe
67 Posts
take id measurement of gc coilover sleeve and od measurement of strut and goto hardeware store or plumbing store. the rubber shims u can cut out of a sheet of rubber

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh list of places I have tried.

Ace hardware
Napa
Lowes
Home Depot
And a local abc plumbing store

So long story short is I have measured the sleeves a while ago then looked around town with no luck. I have been pondering on buying a radiator hose off a heavy Chevy and cutting to fit yet I don't wanna do that, cause I want the actual parts. I have 4500 in this car already so another 50-60 shouldn't hurt. I have a friend in town here with eg gc coils maybe I can see it he has his directions with part numbers. The shit thing is its a off a EG and not a EF. So I doubt they are the same

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just call after hours and give them an email address to respond to... :yes:
Now that's an idea right there. If anyone is interested 8:36 am in Colorado Springs and 1 blunt down already. I feel sorry for the other 48 states that aren't legal yet

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
I use to smoke a lot of dro too. I've tapered down from heavy smoker to litterally not smoking at all now. But before that, been smoking for about 12 years or so. Takes a toll on the wallet and mind man haha. Definitely fun times when blasted though, just not a priority anymore.

·
Registered
97 ex coupe
67 Posts
goto an appliance store should find it off a washer or something maybe hvac. i dont think youl find part numbers for them.... u could buy a cheap set of ebay coils just for the orings and stuff. but calling ground control is like the only way youlll be able to buy the set..u could just substitute the orings for more electical tape.. or wrap some string around it then tape it i mean be creative the o ring are just there to keep the sleeve from slopping around on the strut u dont have to use o ring. lay a wrap of elec tape then lay a peice of weed wacker wire followerd by more tape give u a raised surface like a oring and just wrap tape like normal and lub and it will work

·
Registered
88 Posts
So help me out here I'm confused. You smoke so much weed(and you make a point of stating that you live in Colorado, like living in a different state makes a difference) that you are unable to call a number to get part numbers and have to rely on others to get the simple info for you. wwwooowwwwwwww dude that's pretty pathetic.

·
Registered
97 ex coupe
67 Posts
Noob said just wrap your koni's with some electrical tape?

Do you have a uncle dad?

Thanks medinabard
i dont see what your trying to say... id wrap ohlins in electrical tape to secure the orings.. its going to be covered by the sleves anyways so whats the problem? when using a sleeve coilover this is my prefered method as the orings dont slide or move and it makes a nice tight fit for the sleeve so it does not rattle or slop around on the strut. so i would appreciate it if you kept your condecending comments to yourself.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So help me out here I'm confused. You smoke so much weed(and you make a point of stating that you live in Colorado, like living in a different state makes a difference) that you are unable to call a number to get part numbers and have to rely on others to get the simple info for you. wwwooowwwwwwww dude that's pretty pathetic.
exactly, living in a different state DOES change things majorly, Example Mexican swap goes for $80 a QP here and thats high right now QP=120 grams

thats 250 if you can find it in chicago
400 Tennessee anrond 200 in panhandle FL
and the hash oils they are making new shit nearly every week

so sorry if the other states suck a fat GOV Cristie cock and you got offended
facts are facts come check it out and you will never leave

point is every GC setup comes with that lovely sheet of paper with the part numbers on it. I know as I have bought 3 sets over my life time, I was just wondering if someone kept that lovely piece of paper and would react in such a fashion as giving me the numbers instead people looking for a post count

side question do they answer the phone when you call on SAT SUN or a Fucking holiday, pot head has a point

now for the important shit. it time, bout to roll one

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont see what your trying to say... id wrap ohlins in electrical tape to secure the orings.. its going to be covered by the sleves anyways so whats the problem? when using a sleeve coilover this is my prefered method as the orings dont slide or move and it makes a nice tight fit for the sleeve so it does not rattle or slop around on the strut. so i would appreciate it if you kept your condecending comments to yourself.
i am sorry if your dad got offended but needless to say thanks but no thanks, if I was looking to nigger rig shit together i would have bought another Chevrolet

·
Registered
97 ex coupe
67 Posts
i am sorry if your dad got offended but needless to say thanks but no thanks, if I was looking to nigger rig shit together i would have bought another Chevrolet
wow really. your the stoner who not intellegent enough to solve a simple problem... and your going to try and degrade me. especially with comments mentioning my father. you are an inmature person and need to reevaluate how you talk to other.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts