Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, something like this has probably been asked before, but i still don’t get it.

i just recently upgraded from $30 ebay lowering springs, to yonaka front coilovers. they’re soo good. anyways, i picked up some Ground Control coil sleeves so i could go lower, without doing the whole 50s muscle car stance, with the back up high.

i’ve actually never heard of these things until i got them (guy told me they were coil overs smh). the biggest thing is when the car is up on jacks/lift, the springs are just kinda floating there, no preload. is that ok?

second, i think my struts are bottoming out, cause it rides like a veloster atm, so can i just buy shocks that go lower than the stock ones?
thanks yo
i only have front yonakas cause all my stuff comes from parts cars. i probably got like $2.5k in the whole car including buying it haha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
depending how slammed it is you might need extended top hats but when that low there is no point of suspension travel...
woah just googled those and that’s pretty much what i’m looking for. will that limit full droop too? i guess so if the the top of the strut is raised 🤔

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,388 Posts
by full droop i mean how far the strut can extend
?

depends on how slammed and how tall you make the top hat ..

in my retarded days I couldn't get the rear low enough so did 6" top hat and removed the coil over sleeve ..

it had tripple bumpstops so the floor didn't get destroyed ..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
?

depends on how slammed and how tall you make the top hat ..

in my retarded days I couldn't get the rear low enough so did 6" top hat and removed the coil over sleeve ..

it had tripple bumpstops so the floor didn't get destroyed ..
ha that sounds like what i’m going for. the yonakas could make the bumper touch the ground if i wanted. i’ve got about 3” clearance on my front lip, and i’m trying to level it out in the back. any recommendations on top hats? should i make my own? are there adjustable ones? i’ve done a little searching on it, but there’s not too much out there. (btw i’m 18 this is my 1st car so trying to see how low i can daily it on a budget :p )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts