Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will only have MFactory make these once there is enough actual demand. This means I need 10 partially refundable 50% deposits.

3rd and 4th gears for 92+ fitment. Straight-cut gear teeth. Ratios will be close to 1.346 3rd, 1.033 4th. Power rating will be between 400-500whp. Final ratios and power rating will be supplied once the 10 deposits have been gathered and design of the gears has started.

$659.95 shipped in the US 48. Shipping elsewhere will be additional. Deposit is $324.97.

Remaining 50% (plus shipping if applicable) will be due within 7 business days of the 10th deposit being received. If the remaining balance is not paid within 7 business days, there will be a 10% penalty for the remaining balance and your deposit will not longer be refundable.

If there are not enough deposits by 11:59PM ET on February 28th, 2013 the deposits will be refunded minus transaction fees.

I highly suggest you be ready to pay in full when placing your order, this will help against any shock to your wallet should the required 10 deposits come in quicker than expected. If you wish to pay in full instead of a 50% deposit you may do so, the same terms apply for refunds.

To order and secure your gear set PM me with your email address. An invoice will be sent to you which can be paid via Paypal balance, credit or debit card. No Paypal account is needed. If you are a guest and do not have a DSO account, please email me to receive your invoice. [email protected]

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SOHCitTOem said:
sorry to thread jack but would that mfactory gear set be good for boosted road race setup with a 4.25 FD? or maybe too short?
How much power, what size tires and what rev limit? I use the MFactory close gear set (1.565 3rd, OEM 1.259 3rd as 4th, 1.000 5th and OEM 4.058 FD) in my track car. Only top it out at VIR on the front and back straights with 205/50/15's and 7,200 limit. Sub 120whp, 2,340lb car.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
~200whp 15g greddy kit (7,200 rpm limit) in a 2000 civic coupe DX. ~weight 2,300 lbs. 205/50/15 star spec dirreza.

I eventually want to go gt2860rs with built motor and 7800-8000 rpm redline.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Slightly cheaper to machine and less friction than semi-helical, thus less parasitic power loss and less heat produced.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not in my opinion. The whine isn't super load and you would have a stock 5th gear for cruising. Don't use the Hans Stuck BMW video as an example of the gear whine (since most do), it is way louder in that vid than it is in real life. It is also relative to throttle. Less throttle will make the whine quieter.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ya dont mind my 3rd gear straight cut at all :)

Here my gear set with a 0.878 5th out of zc tranny LIttle long for this track but I also had to drive 6.5 hours to get to this track.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've done a 13 hour one way (27 hour total) with the straight cut 5th and it didn't bother me. I've done a 21 hour one way with semi-helical 1.000 5th and it bothered me slightly as the exhaust was much louder (race exhaust vs street exhaust on the other straight cut car).

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No deposits received yet so deadline moved 2 months. If it doesn't happen by then it will not be considered in the future.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Maybe the demand isn't high enouh because D-series parts havent become old enough to require new replacements.

People most likely are still able to source ZC trans.

"If it doesn't happen by then it will not be considered in the future. "

Idk if thats really fair because you can't predict the demand,

·
Registered
1996 Civic Type DX
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
People are always looking for DOHC ZC gear sets and/or gear sets made to handle more power. This is the chance to get both. With how few of the current close gear sets are sold each year I'm not willing to put my own money up to have the ZC gears made like I did with the LSD's and keeping a pre-order open for a long time isn't something I'm going to do again.

Hopefully this works out. If it does I might consider having other ratios made.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.