Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tom Foolery
1995 Civic EX Coupe
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Autometer NV series, and is it really worth it to get the 180 dollar full sweep electrical gauges, or should I be fine with the mechanical gauges for oil pressure and boost pressure. what other gauges should I look into? I can get a 3 pod A-pillar for cheap so more more gauge to fill the hole what do you guys have for suggestions.

-TAG

W

·
0 Posts
/\ for boost and oil pressure i would go with nothing but mechanical. only guages i use that are mechanical, same with my friends.

·
Registered
314 Posts
lol yea, but some guages werent meant to be electric, and guages that determine life or death readings from the engine should always be mechanical, less likely to fail. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the only mechanical gauge that makes sense is oil pressure.

Everything else is reading an electrical signal already... so electrical is just fine.

Besides, a mechanical gauge can get stuck... electrical will just turn off if it fails.

·
Registered
Donkey
742 Posts
Electrical is the way. I dont like threading engine fluids into my cabin. Its not safe practice, thus the reason electric sender type gauges were invented. Its like asking if you would prefer a speedo cable or electric sender in your NSXR. its not a relevant question. Sender types are hi tech, pipes, tubes and clamps leading to gauges are for steamtrains, and fords.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have seen a mechanical oilpressure guage crack in the cabin of a vette and it wasn't pretty. Just not fan of fluids coming into the cabin. just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
civicsi94 said:
i plan on boost and oil pressure gauges but what about egt or that isn't important cuz a a/f gauge to me is just a light show unless u actually buy plx m300 or something?
I have a M300, great unit!!! But if you really want to tune it yourself, you need a egt gauge imo.....

Different ignition timing @ same a/f ratio= different exhaust gas temp!
So if you know that your a/f is OK , you have to check the egt gauge to know if your ignition timing are OK....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts