Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What gauges are really necessary? I am looking at some Autometer sport comps... I just wanted to get thoughts about this.... thanks!

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
oil pressure, voltage, and coolant temp are the norm, if you really like gauges you can get an oil temp, vacuum, and fuel pressure

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far, i have a/f, volt, oil temp and boost.... i am thinking about getting rid of the voltage gauge and getting an oil pressure and egt? That egt gauge is spendy... is it even worth it? I am boosted and will be running 300whp VERY VERY soon...

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
mechanical oil pressure guages are more accurate... lol they are both easy to hook up

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
well if you use the copper tubing, it wont burst like the cheap plastic ones... you cant even get pass tech with a plastic one if they see it

edit. mine has been working for over a year

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if you use the copper tubing, it wont burst like the cheap plastic ones... you cant even get pass tech with a plastic one if they see it

so what do u recommend? mech or elec? for oil pressure

·
Registered
296 Posts

Where can you get copper tubing for these at? I have one, not installed yet but its got the plastic tubing, definately would rather have something a little more solid!

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where can you get copper tubing for these at? I have one, not installed yet but its got the plastic tubing, definately would rather have something a little more solid!
hmmmm yes.... this would be good to know if I go with mech.... bump

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Tunerview 2, enough said. If I was to do it all over again I would go with the tunerview 2. But I got boost, oil pressure, and water temp gauges. Wideband is also on the list to get.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Oil pressure, temp, boost/vac. That's all the "necessary" ones as far as I'm concerned. Oh, and depending on how big your VTAK hit is, you might need a mega-monster uber-blingtastic tach w/atomic-powered shift light set to 10,000RPM.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
hmmmm yes.... this would be good to know if I go with mech.... bump

autozone.. they have the copper tubing by the guage section

1 - 20 of 21 Posts