Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up guys i got a turbo d15 stock internals on a t25 8 psi small intercooler 1 beening the most needed what gauges do u guys recomend

·
Registered
33 Posts
the aem uego is a wideband gauge that comes with the sensor, definitely a boost gauge, and if the d15 has a vtec head on it, get an oil pressure gauge

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i have the bOost vaccum gauge just debating what i need mOre turbo timer , wideband , oil pressure frist so that what come with debating what need the most i got about 150 bucks and looking to see witch i need most and yes i dot got vtec head car is runing 200 hp its been runing good for over a year just trimg to do some upgrades

·
Registered
33 Posts
well you can get a turbo timer off of ebay for 20-50 bucks, i would definitely go for the wideband first. its a must have with any turbo build (doing my own actually). i got mine for 161.50 i believe but that was last year so they probably have gone up. just type in AEM 30-4100 into google and search for the place that has it the cheapest

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Turbo timers are for idiots who drive their car hard, then park it immediately after. If you don't do that, you don't need to hack your wiring harness apart.

AFR (and NOT the ()#$(*#$ AEM, since it sucks), oil pressure, oil temp and maaaaybe water temp. That's it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I alway let the car warm up in the mornings and when i get anywhere i ler it sit runing for about 5 mins so thats why i had me questions about whats really needed thanks im looking and prosport afr

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
If you're going boost (speaking in general terms here), there are 3 gauges that're pretty much a necessity:

Boost
oil pressure
wideband (if you're going to tune it yourself. If you're having a tuner do it, not necessary, but highly recommended to have).

A turbo timer is a "fun accessory" and isn't needed. Run the car hard and then park it? Sit in the car for an additional 30-60 seconds while it idles and cools. Guess what, that's FREE!!!!!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
If you're going boost (speaking in general terms here), there are 3 gauges that're pretty much a necessity:

Boost
oil pressure
wideband (if you're going to tune it yourself. If you're having a tuner do it, not necessary, but highly recommended to have).

A turbo timer is a "fun accessory" and isn't needed. Run the car hard and then park it? Sit in the car for an additional 30-60 seconds while it idles and cools. Guess what, that's FREE!!!!!
What he said....not nessasary but super highly recomended is a water temp gauge....and remember mechanical gauges are always better....

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
i can tune just fine from my AEM......it has out puts on it just like the pos innovative LC-1
I don't really want to get in a pissing match, but the AEM unit is not good for tuning. As a standalone gauge, it has been proven to be . . . innacurate. The LC-1 may not be the easies thing to get working correctly, but it is by far a faster reacting, calibratable tool that has a much, much more useful interface for tuning.

The AEM unit is too slow in reacting to transients in AFRs to be useful for tuning. Even the LC-1 isn't as fast as I'd like, but, it is fast enough.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
thats why i tuned rich on my aem :)

thats what i get for not researching before i dropped the cash....but it gives me a good enough reading to know if something is wrong

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
beave, just let the idiots run shitty equipment.
I don't like seeing engines get blown up. =(

thats why i tuned rich on my aem :)

thats what i get for not researching before i dropped the cash....but it gives me a good enough reading to know if something is wrong
That's perfectly acceptable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts