Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it's been a few years since i've posted here, been away from Hondas for a while but my wife decided it was a good idea to buy a 2002 civic lx coupe for commuting, even though it needed work.

It needed an input shaft bearing/seal, throw out bearing, and clutch, now that those are taken care of and the car runs/sounds great, i'm stuck with a cluster that doesn't show temp, rpm, speed, or fuel with the car running.

The car shows miles driven, so i know its getting a signal from the VSS, and i've done the little diagnostic test thing with holding the trip button / flipping the lights and watching the needles go up and back down, but i'm stumped now.

I see a green plug by the pedals on the left and i'm not sure what its for. It looks as though someone "repaired" some wires on it, but i don't see where it would connect to anything.

Does anyone have any tips/tricks to getting this thing working properly again?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the same type of plug, but i don't think it can reach all the way up to the cluster from the pedals.

Any idea where G501 is located? Its supposed to be a ground for the main harness, the pictures in the service manual aren't super helpful about saying if its under the carpet or up behind the blower motor =\

And ya, the link you posted was the one i used before coming here and tried the diagnostic test. no "error" light showing, only weird thing was the needles were supposed to go to 100% full i believe, but they only wen't to ~75%, fuel, rpm, coolant, and mph. Though the diagnostic test doesn't say anything about possible problems if the test isn't passed perfectly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts