Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
EG hatchback
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a blox oil pressure gauge installed already on the car.
ok i installed the red power to constant power the first spade to the left. and the other wire is the white wire says goes to the lighting switch wire.
installed it to the second to last spade to the right light source.

i connected them.
but didn't install the oil sending unit yet. on the engine i just wired it up the sensor for testing.
the gauge lights don't work unless i turn on the dang lighting switch. wtf. i want it to stay lit up
i test run my other gauges they all light up except the blox oil pressure gauge when the lighting switch is not on.

the other blox gauge boost i have lights up when not using the lighting switch.

my problem is that when it is day time i want the gauges
to be lit up so i can see and i don't want to turn the lighting switch to just get only one gauge to light up????

what can i do/ can i run both red power and lighting light together same wire to ignition on spade???

help..

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Put both the red and white wires together on an switched ignition power source.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Are there 2 or 3 wires? Do what 2jzdreamin said, usually if there is a 3rd wire its a dimmer so that when you turn the lights on it dims the gauge for night use. If your boost gauge is the same as your oil gauge they should wire up the same, my glowshift gauges have a power, constant( for remembering the color i set on the gauge) and a dimmer wire that i didnt use

1 - 3 of 3 Posts