Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Y49 explains it all
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Im about to put my engine together and I have heard that there are some gaskets and seals that should be Honda in brand

So does someone have a list or link to a thread that tells which gaskets and seals need to be from Honda ?

And for the ones that dont need to be Honda, what brand / where should I get them

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
158 Posts
I personal would recommend that all the seals and gaskets be oem Honda. You can't go wrong with Honda parts and theirs nothing like peace of mind. The price difference is not much either.

The only gasket I would NOT use is the d-series 88-91 civic/crx head gasket, because it is made of a cardboard type material that is a massive pain to remove from the block/head.

·
Registered
Y49 explains it all
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I personal would recommend that all the seals and gaskets be oem Honda. You can't go wrong with Honda parts and theirs nothing like peace of mind. The price difference is not much either.

The only gasket I would NOT use is the d-series 88-91 civic/crx head gasket, because it is made of a cardboard type material that is a massive pain to remove from the block/head.
So should I get a FelPro head gasket then ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts