Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched but couldnt find anything...

anyways does this kit seem decent...all i really need are the valve stem seals...intake , exhaust ,vtec and head gaskets...anywho at most of the parts stores the vss run about 60 for the whole set and so this seems not half bad...only thing is i cant even find any info on the head gasket...like not one thing on the internethttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-DEL-SOL-SI-VTEC-HEAD-GASKET-SET-D16Z6_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33665QQihZ007QQitemZ170117609698QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting

·
Registered
13,322 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i searched but couldnt find anything...

anyways does this kit seem decent...all i really need are the valve stem seals...intake , exhaust ,vtec and head gaskets...anywho at most of the parts stores the vss run about 60 for the whole set and so this seems not half bad...only thing is i cant even find any info on the head gasket...like not one thing on the
Good stuff. Got a kit for my D17 from the same guy. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alrite i just ordered the kit in question

next question...i was gonna get my head milled down .010" or so...now i was using that c-speed compression calculator and had some fun with it...i could get somewhere around 9.53ish:1 if i milled er down .030"...is that too much? how much can you mill the head down...its a z6 head btw

·
Registered
882 Posts
alrite i just ordered the kit in question

next question...i was gonna get my head milled down .010" or so...now i was using that c-speed compression calculator and had some fun with it...i could get somewhere around 9.53ish:1 if i milled er down .030"...is that too much? how much can you mill the head down...its a z6 head btw
Are you going to be using the stock cam? .030 shouldnt be a big deal.
Im going to be cleaning up casting and bowls in my z6 head then run a .040 mill, 2 layer head gasket and crower 2 :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are you going to be using the stock cam? .030 shouldnt be a big deal.
Im going to be cleaning up casting and bowls in my z6 head then run a .040 mill, 2 layer head gasket and crower 2 :)
i got a zex stage 2(not really stage 2 or whatever but the 59300 grind)

are you running the 2 layer to make up for the milled head? cause i was thinking of milling it to get some more compression but not have to run 91 or something like that

·
Registered
882 Posts
im using the 2 layer to get just a little more compression. with 10:1 you are on the limit on 87 with a good tune. I myself will be using 89 octane.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im using the 2 layer to get just a little more compression. with 10:1 you are on the limit on 87 with a good tune. I myself will be using 89 octane.
is a 2 layer thiner than a regular oem h.g.? im assuming since its 2 layers its thicker, but then what do i know. so yeah. Bascically how far can u mill a z6 head. is .030" the limit...cause ill go that far...

·
Registered
882 Posts
is a 2 layer thiner than a regular oem h.g.? im assuming since its 2 layers its thicker, but then what do i know. so yeah. Bascically how far can u mill a z6 head. is .030" the limit...cause ill go that far...
The 2 layer is quite a bit thinner than a 3 layer.
I dont know the "limit" I have seen in a pervious post of people taking .060+
This is starting to leave the topic of ebay gaskets. Search first and if nothing comes up you might to start another thread on head milling and asking people their encounters with them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I am going to pull off my valve cover and oil pan on my z6. So i thought i wanna get some new gasket for those to units.

Shall i just contact this guy on ebay?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts