Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one like to share info.
i have an 89 crx, had sm gas leaks i cleaned area seems to be hairline like cracks, and one pin hole, i sanded area cleaned it and used jb weld.the problem is back. anyone like to share what i could do aside from getting a new tank?? thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
omg that avatar got me stuck for like 10 minutes until my gf smacked me ^^^^^

·
Shackle me NOT!!!
1995 Honda Ballade
4,692 Posts
quick hint.....and ye sI know this cause I've done it. DO NOT weld a tank even if it is bone dry. Fumes stay in that sucker for years.........did a beetle tank and it had last been used like 3 years previously and saw the tabk blow to what's basically known as a beach ball shape.

Fill the tank up with water ALL THE WAY when welding the tank, that's if you're going to do it yourself. If not, take it to a pro........

·
Registered
287 Posts
a little hint

i thought my tank was leaking last year and it set me back about 200 bucks for the tank and the straps. after pulling the old tank, i realized that the sending unit was what was actually leaking. another 80 bucks later, i had totally stopped the leak. a little hint before replacing a tank, take it down to a shop and have it undercoated and have a petcock installed. not many replacement tanks come with a drain plug so its a good thing to slap on there.
scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts