Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a noob to mechanics, and ive done about all I can think of to figure this out. Heres the issue:
Gas Pedal sticks up (cant push down) at weird random times, and sometimes sticks VERY hard. Checked all my cables, seem fine, the pedal always moves freely when the car is off.

One thing i have noticed, and i could just be an idoit, but I get alot of holes in my factory exhaust pipe for some reason, but it seems like when I fix one, the pedal wont stick for a while. Any thoughtS? I took it to my local honda dealer, and theyve looked at it about 5 times, and everytime i leave pissed off because they tell me the Throttlebody is dirty.....its probably the cleanest part of the car because of the 5+ times ive cleaned it now! Please help, this problem is very very very very very ANNOYING!.

·
Registered
same
1,624 Posts
adjust the throttle stop screw. should be a 6 or 7mm then tighten the screw and retighten the 6 or 7mm nut while holding the screw. alot of then do that as the tip of the throttle stop screw wears after 200k miles and the throttle closes too far.

you can also just slightly bend the tab that hits the throttle stop aswell, but thats not the "proper" way, but its what i usually do.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have had this happen from a cable the was frayed inside the sheathing. The frays where catching the sheathing and holding it in place. Wouldnt do it all the time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts