Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage is everybody getting? What mods do you have? I'm getting roughly like 28-30 mpg out of my gas tank with a light foot on the skinny pedal. I'll be lucky to get 300 miles out of a whole tank.

I have a b7/z6 mini me and the dx auto tranny. I did a tune-up about 10k miles ago when I did the mini me conversion. Is it because I have I have an automatic transmission? How much more does an auto tranny weigh compared to that of the manual?
 

·
D-Series Destruction Master
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
42.5mpg, 1990 civic STD with a DX 5-speed, and a '92 d15b7

That is all about to change today, since last night, I put a d15b6 (HF) motor in, and kept the DX tranny and the DPFI. Should be a bit better (shitload less power tho)
 

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
Joined
·
10,488 Posts
Cuong-Nutz said:
What kind of gas mileage is everybody getting? What mods do you have? I'm getting roughly like 28-30 mpg out of my gas tank with a light foot on the skinny pedal. I'll be lucky to get 300 miles out of a whole tank.

I have a b7/z6 mini me and the dx auto tranny. I did a tune-up about 10k miles ago when I did the mini me conversion. Is it because I have I have an automatic transmission? How much more does an auto tranny weigh compared to that of the manual?
My geo storm :) (12 valve, auto, no overdrive) get's 300 miles to the gallon. 28-30 city even sounds low. How's your compression?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
i get about 27 mpg when i run the shit out of mine and between 30-34 when im easy on it.......mine is a 5 speed Z6 with Full headers and Intake and Exhaust......but it really depends on what kinda driving you do.... I.E city, country, highway.....mine is both country and city cause the closest town is 30 miles away
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
oh yea.....that is with my cracked or wharped head......which i am trying to buy a Y8 head on here but not many ppl have one laying around
 

·
D-Series Destruction Master
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
guest said:
My geo storm :) (12 valve, auto, no overdrive) get's 300 miles to the gallon. 28-30 city even sounds low. How's your compression?
i hope you mean 30 miles to the gallon, my gf's geo storm (same as yours) gets like 25mpg city driving.
 

·
D-Series Destruction Master
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
guest said:
^ LOL, I meant 300 from a full tank. I wan't to put a set of stock 16" rims on it, to try to low the rpm's at 60mph.
good luck. Julia wants to get rid of her storm, wanna buy it ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is kick ass
 

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
Joined
·
4,454 Posts
Last tank 330 miles ALL city. 11.9 Gallon tank. = 27 MPG
Not bad for a DD that runs the quarter in anywhere between 14.9 and 15.1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
lol i dunno really what my mpg is... my crx gets shitty mpg and the turd gets worse.. the turd i dont drive it.. but im sure its like 5 miles to the gallon it had a 1/4 of a tank but now its empty only driven it 18 miles
 

·
D-Series Destruction Master
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
Tibs said:
lol i dunno really what my mpg is... my crx gets shitty mpg and the turd gets worse.. the turd i dont drive it.. but im sure its like 5 miles to the gallon it had a 1/4 of a tank but now its empty only driven it 18 miles
you gonna just use the turd for racing, or for driving in general? My fart-mobile is for just driving to work and back, and once i have a reliable DD, i'll do something with the hatchback
 

·
D-Series Destruction Master
Joined
·
6,710 Posts
Tibs said:
turd is racing only.. or else it would have interrior and left ac in it
pfft, i gutted my fart-mobile (left the climate controls, but removed ac). My commute is less than 3 miles a day, so I should only have to fill my tank once a month at least lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
466 Posts
is it that bad that u ahve to call it "turd" ???
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top