Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just put in a jdm d15b in my ej1 why does my gas go down when i turn or if i floor it..... dose anyone know plz let me know asap...thxz

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
dude my car does the same shit and to be honest idk why it does that

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
My ej1 does that with a half of gasoline in the tank or lower. It's normal unless you are talking about it when you are on a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
88 sedan DX
268 Posts
I can see this....if its not a full tank, gas is a liquid and moves from side to side in the tanks when taken turns

Or sloshes to the front or back if your on an incline and I believe the float in our tanks is pretty much dead center of the tank....I could be wrong on that....

P.S. my chevy does the same thing

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Fuel tanks have baffles in them to prevent most of the fuid from rocking around, but like everyone said previous to me, fluid will move around regardless, you just notice it more when the tank is not empty or it's not full. It's a normal thing and happens to everyone. Just be glad that your fuel level sensor works and is sensitive enough to pick that kind of thing up.

Mine is currently not working, but the low gas level light helps me to know when to get gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts