Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gas gauge has an issue and just stays up past full now. at first it would jump up there when I turn fast and now it just stays there. 89 crx

I messed around with it today. first I pulled the cover off the unit. I pulled the connecter off the sender and the gauge went all the way down under empty.

I redid the connectors with slide on spade connectors and the gauge went up 1/4 of the way and stayed there.

once I put the lid back on it jumped up past full again.

so I pulled the 4 wire plug that is before the lid and the gauge stays up past full instead of going down under empty.

im guessing I have a short somewhere before the 4 plug connector on the lid.

anyone have any experience with this sort of problem ??

·
Registered
Honda Civic
16 Posts
I have the same thing. In fact I just commented on another thread with a similar issue. Mine stays at full constantly unless the outside temp drops. Its the sensor that reads the amount of fuel you have is sticking. The way I cope? Reset my trip counter every time I fill up. When I get close to 300 I know its time to fill up.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it seems like its more to do with the wiring. cause the whoel time I was messign with it the car was parked.

when I pulled the wire off the mechanism the gauge went way under empty. when I short the connector it goes up past full. now when I disconnect it its still staying up past full...

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ended up being the gauge itself. I had a extra cluster that I baught a year ago and went ahead and installed it and everything is fine now. now I just have to wait till night to see how many lights don't work in the gauge...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts