Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got a 92 Honda civic hatchback.
My gas gauge always reads full! and i have a completely empty tank! i dont know what the problem is?

Also, my gas keeps evaporating? i had a full tank a month ago and havent drove it since i filled it up and my gas is completely empty!
Its impossible for it to be siphoned considering the wind sets off my alarm...kinda annoying really.
Im thinking maybe a hole somewhere in the lines or a hole in the tank somewhere. Any help would be great and i would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
'95 DX Coupe (Red)
457 Posts
look/smell for a leak, you dont lose 10 gallons over the course of a month to evaporation, pull the back seat and follow the lines, they come up the left side of the car on the underside, use your hands to feel for wetness, also move the car from where it was sitting and look for a spot on the ground (with a heavy gas smell) the lines under the car can get hit by road debris etc and get small hair line fractures... putting the key in the on position will help it will pressurize the lines and maybe set some gas dripping etc...

as for your fuel gauge level, probly the float in the tank needs replaceing, not uncommon for the float to get stuck in the up position, especially in areas with high condensation...

sloopy.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Cx
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look/smell for a leak, you dont lose 10 gallons over the course of a month to evaporation, pull the back seat and follow the lines, they come up the left side of the car on the underside, use your hands to feel for wetness, also move the car from where it was sitting and look for a spot on the ground (with a heavy gas smell) the lines under the car can get hit by road debris etc and get small hair line fractures... putting the key in the on position will help it will pressurize the lines and maybe set some gas dripping etc...

as for your fuel gauge level, probly the float in the tank needs replaceing, not uncommon for the float to get stuck in the up position, especially in areas with high condensation...

sloopy.
Thanks for the info, im going to pull the back seats tomorrow and possibly just replace them anyways.
and maybe just leave the seats out haha. lazyness.
Also is running 2 batteries good? cuz im running 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts