1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

I hope this isn't on a street d motor...
If it is, you just wasted your money.

Next Time, research compressor surge, and compressor efficiency before spending a bunch of money on a turbo you won't be able to use...

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

I hope this isn't on a street d motor...
If it is, you just wasted your money.

Next Time, research compressor surge, and compressor efficiency before spending a bunch of money on a turbo you won't be able to use...

Agree. Sometimes bigger isn't always better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just upgraded my turbo to a t3/t04e with a .63 hot .60 cold stage III and i have less lag than my old t3 .47 cold .63 hot. Depending on your hot side a/r and your setup, i dont think that your gt40 would be that bad lag wise. ditch that internal wg tho. Whats your target boost?

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Well, if it's a .58 cold side...what's the hot side?
.58AR on a t4 is not the same as on a t3...

I just upgraded my turbo to a t3/t04e with a .63 hot .60 cold stage III and i have less lag than my old t3 .47 cold .63 hot. Depending on your hot side a/r and your setup, i dont think that your gt40 would be that bad lag wise. ditch that internal wg tho. Whats your target boost?
stfu noob

http://www.atpturbo.com/root/maps/images/gt40rcompress.gif
THE TURBO IS TOO BIG!!!
He's aiming for 300hp... He should have a gt28rs. Anything more thant a GT30 is TOO BIG for a d16 unless it's a drag/dyno queen.
He'll barely be able to spool it!
Also, since you mention getting rid of the internal gate... could you please justify your reason for this. The wastegate is there to control boost pressure by allowing exhaust gas to bypass the turbine. Since the turbo is so big, he'll barely be able to spool it, and therefore won't need a large wastegate to bypass the turbine.

Anyway, to the OP, if you can trade your turbo for something smaller then do it...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Nice turbo. Its going on the mitsu, yes? Cause if not, good luck spining it.

IIRC, there is a guy using one close to that. But he only has a 2k rpm powerband and one hell of a power spike. If you search for d16 + GT40R on youtube, it should come up.

Mindless: lol, nice one.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
overkill.
id sell it and get something that will reach your goals more effectively. maybe a t3/t4 .48/.60 which should hit those goals without that nasty lag and a much more linear powerband.
it be alot cheaper as well.
a turbo like that deserves to be put on at least a built b-series where it has the displacement and natural power band to spool it up for a nice topend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts