Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been hearing alot about this turbo can anyone help add a little input i can trust on the subject i am building a y8 block sleeved and planing on using 9.0 to 1 comp. (8.5 to 1 if thats a better way to go still undesided) is the GT28RS the right turbo for a quick spool up and most power for a streetable (93 ocatane) car or is a T3/T4 a beter bet for this build

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it's a ballbearing turbo thus costs are expensive. your better off with a nicely designed t3/t4 style turbo. what kind of power are you looking for, and what kind of duty is your car going to see?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my car will not be an everyday driver how ever i would like it to be able to be one. Im looked to try and push 300 whp or more if posible (because i'll be runing on 16" or 17" rims and i know how much more power those take to get going i want to keep the big brake kit cause it's nice on the street) and keep it streetable but still run nicely at the strip in the street legal class im looking to get an ajustable suspention so i can have good road handling but be able to adjust for the strip

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
300 is easy to get. that turbo your looking it is WAY overkill. go to precision turbos and look at their line. call them and ask them what they recommend. your goignto have to spend a lot of $ on doing your block, head and internals right, but if done properly you can expect more like 400+ wheel power.

you'll need a quaife differental as well in the trany and better axels.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
overkill? after doing some research on my own i found out that the GT28R is the turbo that comes in the edelbrock kit for the d16y8 now that is only rated at 176whp out of the box cause it is wastegate down to about 7 or 8 psi but can be increased to well over 200 whp with some tuning. Now the GT28RS is what comes in the open track edelbrock kit and is rated for engines 1.7 to 2.5L and accourding to edelbrock can push up tp 320 whp so is this overkill? if you think i can get 400 + i would really like to know how? on 93 octane?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts