Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start out with this and say I just want alittle more power than stock and don't plan on tearing into the motor.

I bought a GT25R Garrett dual ball bearing turbo at a steal.

I went with this turbo for the size and quick spooling, I just plan to use it as a daily driver and do alot of city driving.

Of course I have the normal, BOV,intercooler and injecters and I am going to tune it.

I added this to a log manifold (Same thing as a Pfab type)

Has anyone run a GT25R or heard of someone running one?

Just looking for thoughts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The GT2560R is the perfect turbo for 99% of stock-bottom-end Ds.
The GT2554R is a fast spooling little mofo, but its too small for the D imo, but would still meet a lot of peoples goals.

The reason everybody runs T3 flanged turbos is because all the cheap and available manifolds are T3. At ~200 hp, they would be better off T25 flanged.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I was contemplating running something like this on a B, to try and make 300whp. I need to brush up on my compressor map reading...

·
Registered
69 Posts
My friend had a gt25r in a 92 eg hatch with a d16z6 few years back. He was running around 10psi with water injection on stock head and block. Mid to low 13s in the quarter and reliable too. Good luck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Order the T25 to T3 Adapter (Low Profile)... WOW! that wasn't cheap..

Then had to order the bango fittings for the water lines and oil lines... Found a nice kit on ebay for a company that says it made in the USA...

I just hope with a Log Manifold and the low profile adapter the turbo clears the AC lines

·
Registered
393 Posts
You can always try and find a greddy manifold for cheap found mine on craigslist for 70 shipped using tempest.com (craigslist search engine) its a t25 flange im gonna be running a gt28r

·
Registered
753 Posts
I really like the t25 for a DD, power instantly, but can make 35+mpg.

Had a T2554: made 230hp 220tq on 15psi
Spooled by 2.2k
(Blew oil seals after 30k+ miles)
Now a T2560: should be close to 260hp (havnt been to the dyno)
Spools by 2.3k ( not much slower at all)
Pulls better on the top end

This was on my d16y8 vitara build, 9.6:1 comp, 3" exhaust, z6 cam(stock), t3 mani w/ 0.75" adapter plate(found on ebay yrs ago~$65)

The t2554 is what I would chose for a stock block, just have a good flowing WG and large exhaust.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
How do you plan to bolt that to a pfab-style log? That adapter needs the T3 bolts to come from above/thru the manifold's flange, while a pfab type manifold needs the bolts to thread up thru the turbine housing. There is another style that is a bit taller, but allows you to put bolts in thru the adater's flange so it can bolt to a log manifold that uses close-ended (blind) bolt holes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drill the Manifold or the adpater plate?

Looking at the plate I go coming could I drill all the way through it so I could add bolts?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You're going to need a tubular manifold to use that adapter. The kind that uses bolts, bot studs.
The problem is that they will all be expensive or super shitty.
You should have just gotten a cast t25 manifold. China makes t25 drag manifolds now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have two options right now...

One is I have a PFab Log manifold (New) with a td03 flange and I have a China Cast Manifold with TD03 flange...

I ordered a Mild steel td25 flange that I can weld on to the Cast or log manifold...

Kind of don't want to weld the log since they $300... I was going to weld it to the cast and sell the log..

I know welding to cast can be a problem but I have decent skills as a welder...

Was told to maybe heat the cast up pretty good then weld withthe mig at the highest setting...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts