Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a used turbo kit and this turbo came with it. how would i hook this exhaust outlet to my down pipe.it came with a outlet elbow but it has 5 holes and is a different shape its one that goes with a greddy turbo.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
With a 3 bolt exhaust flange. Measure the size of the outlet, and that's the size of flange you need.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welding cast is not too easy. Especially when welding a different metal to it. You could probably even get away with a donut flange if it were sized right.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Preheat, buttering, welding, post heating, and praying it doesn't crack. That is assuming you don't get any carbon migration and it rusts to shit.

Easy way is to find a flange that will mate up to it. Doubt the OEM downpipe is made of cast. Cut the flange off of it, or buy one that will work.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
With a 3 bolt exhaust flange. Measure the size of the outlet, and that's the size of flange you need.
X2. A flanged pipe & 3 bolt flange is the easiest and cheapest answer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the kit the turbo came with is a greddy kit and it has a outlet elbow that hook the outlet to the down pipe but it has 5 bolts do they sell an adapter to convert the 3 bolt to 5 bolt

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
Welding a v-band to a cast housing isn't difficult at all. There is no major stress on it, other than heat. Clean the cast, weld the flange on.

I ran a setup nearly identical to that for over a year and never had any cracking issues. No preheat, no post heat, no special cool down.

·
Registered
414 Posts
since everybody else posted logically solutions ill post up a cheap functional one ;) you could just cut the 3 bolt flange off, start your downpipe with a slip joint over the section you cut and use an exhaust clamp. that will only work if when you cut the 3 bolt flange off you have a perfectly round section of the stock cast dp, but I cant tell from that picture. goodluck!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
since everybody else posted logically solutions ill post up a cheap functional one ;) you could just cut the 3 bolt flange off, start your downpipe with a slip joint over the section you cut and use an exhaust clamp. that will only work if when you cut the 3 bolt flange off you have a perfectly round section of the stock cast dp, but I cant tell from that picture. goodluck!
thats not going to make a tight enough seal...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts