Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
807 Posts
K swaps are fine, if you are ok with mildly bumped power(stock K). Above that you are going to spend HUGE amounts on suspension, and external engine parts, to this day I have yet to meet a k-swapped 92-95 civic of any body style that beats my mildly built n/a d16z6 build. Most of their money goes to mounts, header, intake, ect. And a bone stock k24 does NOT beat a mildly built sohc vtec 1.5 or 1.6. I smoked a k24 swapped ek this morning and never had to rev above 4700. Even had to stop and pop the hood briefly to prove it was a sohc.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Rims aren't going to dictate power levels, suspension and tire choice will, look at a set of Falken ze 950s for 180 whp, or maybe some toyos, or nankangs.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,816 Posts
To loosen a nut: turn it counter clockwise or to the left.
Yes to common circular motion expressions, no to unidirectional statements haha.

I've always been overwhelmingly intrigued as to who gave circular fasteners a unidirectional instruction on how to operate them.

Left? From what fucking perspective or position is this being commonly referenced or generally understood to allow a phrase like lefty-loosey/righty-tighty to take hold in society? Do circles have sides?

If your looking top down, left (directionally) from the bottom of the circle (point closest to your body front) would be tighten. From the top point, loosen.

I remember the first time someone told me this "you need to turn it to the left to loosen it". I literally stared and said "what? Left from where?" He then proceeded to look at me like I was fucking dumb.

We then got lost in a deadlock of fucking dumbness, and were no longer friends after a few weeks lol. Seriously, this has been a long standing philosophical issue through life for me.

Anytime someone tells me a direction to tighten or loosen a fastener, I shout "FROM FUCKING WHERE?!"

end rant.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yes to common circular motion expressions, no to unidirectional statements haha.

I've always been overwhelmingly intrigued as to who gave circular fasteners a unidirectional instruction on how to operate them.

Left? From what fucking perspective or position is this being commonly referenced or generally understood to allow a phrase like lefty-loosey/righty-tighty to take hold in society? Do circles have sides?

If your looking top down, left (directionally) from the bottom of the circle (point closest to your body front) would be tighten. From the top point, loosen.

I remember the first time someone told me this "you need to turn it to the left to loosen it". I literally stared and said "what? Left from where?" He then proceeded to look at me like I was fucking dumb.

We then got lost in a deadlock of fucking dumbness, and were no longer friends after a few weeks lol. Seriously, this has been a long standing philosophical issue through life for me.

Anytime someone tells me a direction to tighten or loosen a fastener, I shout "FROM FUCKING WHERE?!"

end rant.
You are one of these glass depends on where it starts guys, much like me, and contemporary questions like half full/empty depends on where said glass starts BEFORE the question, so its hard to determine. My best answer is to ask where SHOULD the glass start at? Is it a tall glass? A short glass? Doesit have a funnel at the bottom or is it wide open from throat to valve?🤨

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,364 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts