Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm having a smoking problem with my turbo leaking?when I start the car it smokes white? The turbo is leaking out the the exhaust side..I did some searching and found the the piston ring is bad and just wondering if I replace ring or seal will that fix the problem?turbo only has 1,000 miles about on it...just wondering if u guys has success just changing ring?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Your head hurts?lol..but built zc your seal might be shot but your center housing might be also so check on that...maybe one of the fellas can chime in ...lol don't be mean u kno the built zc doesn't ask the smartest questions sometimes lol

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
My head hurts now...
yeah mine as well

just change the piston ring seal. The problem is figuring out which one of the 20 is bad.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea the intake side is not leaking at all? but jus trying to find out if the that seal will fix the problem?I really don't want to change the turbo because I jus mad my down pipe and dump pipe for it..so I would really like to fix it then replace ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got it from a friend that had it on his srt ...i really need to get the car running because im getting a great deal at a turning shop from my friends buddy.im moving out of the city so i need to get car tune before i move...so can someone tell me if they ever had success changing just the seal ??or piston ring i should say??jus dont wanna buy the seal and it doesnt work???turbo only has about 1,000 miles on it??

·
Registered
685 Posts
is it a name brand turbo or a cheap one?

when does it smoke? at all times? or when you boost? when you first start the car? or when you deaccelerate etc.

what color is the smoke?

is there any shaft play in the turbo?

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
Built:

White smoke is coolant burning.

There is a seal on the exhaust housing. (So all you jackasses who want to make fun of the dude, keep on going. He's a newb, but he's not entirely stupid.)

Is there any oil in the downpipe?

Is there any oil in the charge pipes or intercooler?

Are you loosing any coolant?

Have you been running the engine without a tune?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Built:

There is a seal on the exhaust housing. (So all you jackasses who want to make fun of the dude, keep on going. He's a newb, but he's not entirely stupid.)

+rep for being a nice guy, and not Bashing like others!!!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Built:

I think it has to do with the engine, because if it's white smoke and he only has a oil-cooled turbo. He might of drove it with a tune and blew the HG (at the least). I think you missed some of his threads that didn't end well, but I'll help him anyway.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im not goin to comment on the rude people!!i took the whole turbo kit off and put everything back too stock and started the car and there was no smoke at all..there is oil in the exhaust side of turbo so i belive the seal is blown??so has anyone ever jus replaced the seal and has sucess??

·
Registered
646 Posts
im not goin to comment on the rude people!!i took the whole turbo kit off and put everything back too stock and started the car and there was no smoke at all..there is oil in the exhaust side of turbo so i belive the seal is blown??so has anyone ever jus replaced the seal and has sucess??
You can, many people have. Check out this Link: http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/144110-how-rebuild-t3-t3t4-detailed-lot-pictures.html read it maybe it will help you, if you cant do it your self Pm the Op and maybe he can do it or point you to someone who can.

This is also another good place for turbo rebuilds G-Pop Shop Gl man!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts