Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a dinner a friend of mine and I came up with.
WARNING: dinner contents will be LOADED with garlic, the garlic taste however will be mostly cooked out.

40 clove chicken:
you need the following:
water
butter(no set amount, all depends on your taste, i use ~1/4 stick of butter)
garlic(depends on how much chicken you use, as a rule i'll use ~1 whole garlic per lb of chicken)
boneless chicken breast(use as much as you like/can fit in the pan, but make sure you scale up/down the other ingrediants for the correct amount of chicken)
italian seasoning(s)(if you have it, use fresh seasoning...OMG so much better)
preparation:
now here comes the pain the a$$ part...take apart the whole garlic and unwrap each clove individualy...once that is done you need to crack, NOT cut, just crack each clove.
get a large deep frying pan(with a lid), and fill 1/8 of the frying pan with water...
start to heat on high(realize i use a gas stove, and not sure the correction on temp for electric stoves) and put the chicken in the frying pan...
take the cracked garlic cloves and place all around the pan...
take slices of the butter and place all around the pan...
take your seasoning and JUST cover the top of the chicken with it, that will be all the seasoning you need (unless you just REALING like the seasoning)
raise the water level as needed to bring it up to almost covering the chicken...
cover the frying pan with the lid, and let boil for about 45 minutes (rotate the chicken every 15-20 minutes)...
once done, check the chicken to ensure it has been cooked thoroughly...
the 40 clove chicken is now done, but what about side items?

homemade mozzerella garlic toast:
texas toast
butter
mozzerella cheese
preperation:
butter your bread...
once the chicken is cooked, take some of the boiled garlic cloves and spread it on the bread(literally, you can spread the garlic cloves like butter)...
sprikle some cheese on it...
bake in the over at 375 for about 7 minutes, and voila home made garlic bread with cheese...

and one more side item to complete this garlic/italian infested meal:
true garlic mash potatoes:
what you'll need:
potatoes
milk
preperation:
clean, peal, and dice the potatoes...
get a deep pan, like one you would use to boil spagetti in, and boil the potatoes until they want to muush...
drain the water, and smash the potatoes...
i'll add about 1/8 cup of milk per pound of potatoes...
then take the boiled cloves from the pan of 40 clove chicken and mix it into the mash potatoes, NOTE: do some testing as you go along to make sure you don't get to much garlic into the mash potatoes...

this is a dinner that i make at home that most people can't believe they like...it sounds like a LOT of garlic, and it is, but most of the garlic taste is cook/boiled out, so don't worry to much about the taste...

a couple of facts about this meal, a full lower fat meal...will clean out your entire system, good for after a weeks worth of junk food, fast food, and physical labor...it will also make you feel pretty good the next day...caution, this can make you smell like garlic for a day or two afterwards, and remember it will not only clean you blood stream and whatnot, but it WILL clean out your system...LMAO!!!(no seriuosly, its delicous, just be aware...)

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just wanted to say, this d-series cookbook was a GREAT idea...as soon as i get time to cook for myself again, i'll be trying all sorts of recipes, woohoo

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
this is great if your having a vampire over for dinner lol! haha nice work custom it looks good but i dont like garlic. you see my toast recipe? lol great writeup :td:

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^when i cook it next time i'll be sure to through up a pic...unfortunetly my current job prohibits me from cooking...working 2-10 SUCKS!!

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is great if your having a vampire over for dinner lol! haha nice work custom it looks good but i dont like garlic. you see my toast recipe? lol great writeup :td:
yes...lol...yes i did, have to wait until i get home to check out the flow chart though, all pictures are blocked at the firewall here at work :(

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
Need one rule for the cookbook section,must submit fotos or ban!!!!

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Green beans and "tastefully simples'" Garlic Garlic! (yes, the name of the product is garlic garlic, Brand is Tastefully simple) try it, soooooo good!
Mix that with some creamy chicken.....AWESOME dinner

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Pics should be mandatory for recipe threads b/c damn reading some of these makes me hungry as hell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts