Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 del slo
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there gains from comp springs and valves if the car will be un-tuned?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yes but there will be a big loss in MPG and in driving quality as well.

you also wont see all of the gains that the cam has potential for.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
i used to have a gude gorrilla custom race cam in my car d16z6 engine/trans.. before the cam i got a 9.66 after i got a 9.56 spinning the whole time i was on a basemap with b16 maps and revlimit at 9500 stock block, stock head

·
Registered
1995 Honda CIvic LX
1,050 Posts
As far as throwing it in and go, yes, but you will want to tune eventually.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah, u will still feel it, but not 100% power u could feel. dont forget to get a cam pully to tune and adjust the camshaft, it is so important, after that get the e-manage (if enough budget) to tune ur current setting.

·
Registered
956 Posts
my shit is weak ass hell. I got a comp 59300 cam with crower tit. retainers and spring + rage cam gear but it was due to timing, hehe. Even now, I can't seem to get the timing right.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
yeah, u will still feel it, but not 100% power u could feel. dont forget to get a cam pully to tune and adjust the camshaft, it is so important, after that get the e-manage (if enough budget) to tune ur current setting.
cam gear................

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
why pay much money for an piggy pack, when you can have an much better solution for less money? You can definitly tune an engine better witch crome or turboedit

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
you should know what you are doing, and at minimum you need an wideband

1 - 15 of 15 Posts