Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a G-tech pro performance meter in their car or know of any feedback regarding them? Im hoping to pick one up in a few weeks, just wondering if its worth the money spent.

Thanks, BRIAN

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
After reading and posting on this thread I'm really interested in the G-tech unit. Last night I did some research. The majority of people that have used it say's the 1/4 time's are accurate and constent. It has to be calibrated properly and you have to test on a flat smooth road. So, I was thinking. The HP #'s that it gives you is the maximum HP. So you won't be able to see if x mod increased low end, midrange or top end. You can definitivly increase HP tuning on a dyno (ignition timing, cam timing, vtec point, rev limit, etc.), but unless your trying to squeeze every amount of HP out of your setup the Butt-dyno is the only thing that really matters. I mean who care if you can't feel the power increse from x mod.

Conclusion: It's good for 1/4 time's and to get an estimate of how much max hp x mod increased.

·
Registered
92 Posts
and what about the revs meter? I'm looking for one of this because my car don't have tachometer.

If i buy I will write her to help you.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had one of those before, I regret getting rid of it!! Friggin' awesome tachometer and shift light! Regards to shift light, I believe 500 RPM before your set shift point one LED turns on then 250 RPM before shift point there will be two LED's. At shift point, all four of the LED's will rapidly flash. Tachometer is really accurate but requires a tachometer for calibration. It needs it because you need to rev to 2500 then set it, then rev to 4000 then set it. Basically you are setting the reference. If you don't have a tach, you can put it in another civic w/same engine and tachometer and set it from that. Then of course, up, down, left, and right. Overall I give this gtech pro an 8 of 10. I never really relied on the tests since I don't really think it is accurate. At the time I was using it, I had a 1995 toyota tercel (stock) and when I did a quarter mile test, I spun my tire did the run and when I reviewed my run, it made 200 ish HP (WTF?) Stock HP from factory is 105 at crank. Anyway's, would I buy it again? Hell yeah!!! Buy it and let us all know how it turns out for ya!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts