Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Civic Ex
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Couldn't find any reviews for this thing online before I bought it. So I figured I'd throw one up and keep it updated for anyone looking to pick one up.
The product is a G-sport high performance Honda/Acura clear cap and rotor kit, made by Mr. Gasket. Seems to be exclusively found at Advance Auto stores. The kit comes with a translucent cap, two rotors for various Honda /Acura applications, o-ring, and new bolts. It's made of the same heavy-duty plastic as my OE cap, doesn't feel flimsy or cheap like some other caps I've seen. Nice, quality brass terminals, overall a hardy looking part.
After I pulled the old plugs, which were black and pretty jacked up, I installed the new NGK's and then pulled off my old cap. To keep it consistent, and add a little color I also picked up some new NGK plug wires. The new cap fit snugly right over the dizzy, no banging or forcing needed. The bolts to tighten and she was on and ready rock. The cool thing about this cap is that you can see the rotor spin and the spark each time it connects with a terminal, it's pretty sweet. Of course I am a simple minded guy that is impressed by flashing lights, but whatever. Car runs smooth, and my engine bay just got a little dose of cool, can't go wrong with that. Will keep everyone updated.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
The most important thing is the screw used to bolt down the rotor to the dizzy shaft. Biggest thing u can do is use loctite mild or blue and your golden. If you didnt do this ask me later why you heard a popping sound and your car wont start now. Good thing is your dizzy cap is clear and you can see your rotor is loose . Not trying to rain on your parade just trying to warn you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
that seems a little tacky to me being see through but it would be cool seeing the spark. why use locktite on the rotor? i have changed my cap and rotor twice since i have owned my car and both times i did not use locktite and its still on perfect.

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
.why use locktite on the rotor? i have changed my cap and rotor twice since i have owned my car and both times i did not use locktite and its still on perfect.

Vibration and heat tend to loosen up that little screw. You right it doesnt happen all the time. It is very common problem though . Its happened to me twice in the last year.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
258 Posts
Good shit, seen these online but never seen a review. Hopefully it holds up.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
I had one of those when I first got my honda, hopefully they are made better now because mine cracked after a few months. Looked sweet running at night! I probably would not buy one again.

·
Registered
1995 EJ1 EX
26 Posts
I unfortunately have purchased a set...green transparent...it's surprisingly ALL that I could find for a decent price in my area...thankfully the rotor that was shattered in the kit wasnt the one i needed. Would not buy again...ill stick with stock TYVM.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
just my opinion here...

i absolutely hate transparent clear or colored dizzy caps... they seem to leak and are made of a harder plastic that tends to break after it has been heated up, hence the leaking and causing stupid issues...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts