Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1992 EG8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I just recently traded my 1989 Civic wagovan for a 1991 ef sedan. This sedan doesnt have any interior lights or dash lights. I went to test all my fuses under my dash and all but 8 lite up when touched with a test light. I went to replace some fuses and they still didnt light up when touched with the test light? Also im kinda worried as some fuses have been replaced with higher numbered fuses before i started, but i did however replaced with correct ones (hopefully no damage was done) Could anyone please help further assit me with this issue.

·
Registered
1992 EG8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Connected end to neg. terminal on battery, and touched fuses with point. Also removed fuse to touch exposed prongs and still didnt get an illumination

·
Registered
1992 EG8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So i got a new fuse box and I'm still having the same issue. Also i noticed that one of the 8 fuses not getting power is my headlights, but if I'm not getting power how is it my headlights come on? Im also not havinng dash lights but my dummy lights are illuminating, and when i turn the key off and pull out they stay on? Could this issue be due to the previous engine swap from obd-0 to obd-1?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Wow... You have a lot going on. A LOT.

The head lights for the older civics use a relay system. If the relay doesnt have power to it, then there is usually a connection problem (under hood harness). If it does have power, check the relay ground points.

·
Registered
1992 EG8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thank you. Also to clarify the dummy light issue, they only stay on while I'm in reverse. if i put in any other gear they go off, my clock also does this

·
Registered
1992 EG8
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just found out that its been converted from automatic, and still run n the auto (A51) ecu

·
Registered
128 Posts
You've been chasing a red herring. In most cases, what you thought were problems are not. Most fuses in the dash box only get voltage with the key in the ON(II) position, or under special conditions, such as having the light switch turned on.

Have you looked up the service manual circuit diagrams for your problem circuits?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You've been chasing a red herring. In most cases, what you thought were problems are not. Most fuses in the dash box only get voltage with the key in the ON(II) position, or under special conditions, such as having the light switch turned on.

Have you looked up the service manual circuit diagrams for your problem circuits?
Ron is right. If the circuit isnt powered up, then a test light will not illuminate if you touch it to the fuse blade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts