Honda D Series Forum banner

Fun death to local guy's Civic..

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  EG8SIR 
#1 ·
While heading home tonight, I rolled passed what appeared to be a black 99-00 Civic Si and recognized the car. The locals say its quick and know my car is not so I just continued slowly past him in the left lane until, low & behold, there's another EM1-looking car!

This one was red with a body kit and 17" wheels. I figured what the hell, :jesus: wants me to run an Si tonight. I roll up along side the guy in third at about 55 and wait for the hit (I should of been in 2nd with my tall LX gears and tire height.) He guns it and proceeds to pwn me by about 4 cars at 90 mph. He drops back behind me and tells me to pull over so we pull into Taco Bell with his compadre in the black coupe.

The dude I ran had a '00 B16A2 with I/H/E, JDM ITR cams, clutch & some ECU tuning I believe; no shame to losing in a '93 EX coupe with just I/E and tall-as-phuck LX trans & 24.2" tires. I was glad I raced the "ricier" Civic, his cousins black coupe had an '01 GSR swap + B16B cams, I/H/E, clutch + flywheel, chipped ECU & a few other misc. mods. I'm guessing a solid mid-low 13's car on street tires, maybe 12's on slicks. :TU:

The funny thing was they were both EJ8 EX's that were converted to look like EM1's, but nice cars none the less... I need boost. :|

See less See more
#3 ·
^^X2^^

#6 ·
/\ /\ Too bad I drive an EX with 10.3" brakes or else it would rock some VX 13"s and Nitto DR's!

Yeah, I threw in the LX tranny because the original EX unit was trashed from the previous owner (22 year old chick, had the car the last 5 years and learned to drive a stick on it & maintained it horribly..)

I'll have Mista Bone rebuild it with an OBX lsd and maybe a shorter final drive. My 15x7" Slipstreams are staying, but the 195/60/15 Kuhmo KR21 rain tires screw up any shot at short gearing without a custom tranny. I'm still very happy with my slow car and am getting 37 miles per gallon with about 35% city / 65% highway driving. :TU:

#8 ·
/\ /\ Sweet!! Wouldn't that alone give me like 12% shorter gearing vs the 24.2" tires? I really should send you my EX tranny for a custom rebuild man, 6G LX trans + tall tires = SLOOW... :|

#10 ·
I was glad I raced the "ricier" Civic, his cousins black coupe had an '01 GSR swap + B16B cams, I/H/E, clutch + flywheel, chipped ECU & a few other misc. mods. I'm guessing a solid mid-low 13's car on street tires, maybe 12's on slicks. :TU:
I highly doubt that car would run mid to low 13's. Its in an EX Coupe. maybe in a DX coupe.

#11 ·
/\ /\ I don't know man.. With no rear interior/seat belts/insulation in the back it should weigh about what a DX does. All the power features & sunroof should keep it about the same. I only got to look under his hood for a minute, but his setup had some stuff he didn't mention too like fuel rail & FPR, Phenolic IM gasket, a vacuum gauge some other N/A crap he wouldn't divulge since he didn't know me and I know where he parks to sleep lol.

But remember where I live; sunny California. A magical land of earthquakes, crowded streets, pollution and violence. But its the people that make the Golden State special.. the kind of folks that spend frivolously to turn 17 second ULEV Hondas into a sub-14 second N/A tire fryers. Why? I have no freakin' clue, turbo D's are cheaper lol.

#14 ·
import al I got a 92-95 del sol si d16z6 trans if you are needed a trans
$150 located in discovery bay 2.5 hours from konactide

#15 ·
I would say that car is mid to low 14's. I wouldnt say it could dip into the 13's. Why? I/H/E in a hatch is mid to low 14's. That in a EX coupe will need more work which you stated he has, but the weight factor is still there. Even gutted you dont remove 200-300lbs.

Besides theres a kid locally that hgas that setup and he gets raped by me everytime and i run high to mid 13's at 100-101mph

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.