Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a .63AR T3 and am starting to look at oil lines. I'm not too worried about the oil feed lines because those are usually screwed in at both ends.

The oil return line is what I'm starting to look into. I've done a couple of setups and have always gone with barbed fittings off the turbo and the oil pan. No matter how careful I was, I'd always get a little oil from somewhere at some time.

I'm looking to do a full earls type setup from the turbo to the pan, but i'm wondering if anyone has a fully sealed (e.g. screw into turbo oil return, and screw into the oil pan as well) oil return setup?

I started researching fittings for the oil pan, and found that earls makes an aluminum fitting that can be welded into it. Most of my previous setups involved drilling a hole in the pan, having a nut on the other side, and some sort of gasket and/or jb-weld. I'm looking to not do that this time.

Here is the fitting I found, which could have some sort of 90 or elbow off leading up to the turbo. I'd appreciate in info on sealed oil return setups. Thanks!

Earl's Performance Weld Fittings - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
yeah thats what i run all an fittings

maybe i dont get what your asking. . .

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
He's asking if it's possible to have a turbo Honda that doesn't mark its territory.

So far I haven't had any luck. 3 different drains, all sealed up PRETTY DAMN GOOD by my standards, all dripped a bit here and there.
lol. Saaaaaaaaaame here dude!!

I honestly think that drains with all -AN Fittings leak...while friends who run good quality hose with clamps and barb sort fittings seem to have no problems :p

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
He's asking if it's possible to have a turbo Honda that doesn't mark its territory.

So far I haven't had any luck. 3 different drains, all sealed up PRETTY DAMN GOOD by my standards, all dripped a bit here and there.
mine not only marks its spot it also has self changing oil sir

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,912 Posts
What I don't get is on my built engine every single damn seal was new. It leaks like a SOB!! Turbo drain doesn't leak but front and rear seals do along with an axle seal lol. On my CRX it was a temp build and I re-used both front and rear crank seals off an entirely different engine with who knows how many miles, re-used a valve cover gasket from a different cover and it was torn and re-used axle seals from the old auto trans and the damn car doesn't drip one single f'n drop anywhere. What the heck?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
That and/or popped the springs out f the seals when installing them. That is actually a pretty common problem.
I had this issue with my damn crank seal >_<

not to mention the fuggin monkey at Front Range Honda gave me a CAM SEAL instead of a front main seal >_<

ended up getting one from Advanced Auto Parts and it worked great.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i have a barbed fitting on the turbo and a welded in bung/an fitting for the oil pan side. after 20 dyno pulls it only leaked like a cap or two of oil.

but usually i see people have clearance issues when running all AN fittings. does anyone make lower profile fittings or something?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.