Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what myself fred (slo sohc) and his bro kev (b16b coupe) did until 4 in the morning last night out in the garage! I also bought new suspenion and put the backs on had to wait to do the fronts b/c we were painting the bay and i didnt want to get paint on te new struts!

BEFORE sanding, primer, paint

·
wise in the ways of the B
1,861 Posts
Why didn't you fill in any holes or bondo some stuff smoother? I mean. You had EVERYTHING out...

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are the nrand new Tokico HP Springs&Struts and a pic of the kyb's the replaced

(flipped the tokico sticker for a low profile approach ahah ;) )

fenders with jdm sidemarkers

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why didn't you fill in any holes or bondo some stuff smoother? I mean. You had EVERYTHING out...
you cant use bondo well you can BUT with as much stress thats put on the engine bay its prone to mess up the right way to do it is to weld new metal in and then grind body work (using as little bondo as possible) i dont own or know how to use a welder it did cross my mind but f it! lol

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
should be getting clear coat sprayed on it tomorrow! then will have the engine back sometime next week!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you cant use bondo well you can BUT with as much stress thats put on the engine bay its prone to mess up the right way to do it is to weld new metal in and then grind body work (using as little bondo as possible) i dont own or know how to use a welder it did cross my mind but f it! lol

if you lived closer id weld and grind them up for you :mrgreen:
but your ebay looks great!!!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if you lived closer id weld and grind them up for you :mrgreen:
but your ebay looks great!!!
thanks for sure! yea that would be SWEET lol the painting and tucking is enough in itself right now though? hell my engine/engine bay and wiring will be cleaner that my whole damn paint and body on my car! lol

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
thats going to be sexy as hell:TU:. i should have done this when i took my motor out but i ran out time. get the motor in...tuck....and take lots of pics:TU:

·
Registered
13 Posts
tucking a bay is easyier than putting suspension or a motor in... thats why i like doing them! they are fun! and about shaving the holes.. why do what the trend is do... just my opinion i would keep the holes... just wait... this tuck is goin to be amazing when iam done.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts