Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i dont know how many people actually use this feature... but i got it working... i have tried to get it working with my old all motor setup, but now it works with my boosted setup...

and honestly it works fucking bitchen...

with crome free you add extra features under plugins then you set up your launch control rpm, and your full throttle shift rpm....

my launch control is at 6400 and my full throttle shift is at 5400... so i launch get to redline, push in the clutch, shift gears, let out the clutch and the car resumes to pull to redline again..

what this does is, instead of having to speed shift when full thorttle, or let off the gas to shift to help the syncros line up you just hold it to the floor and it cuts the rpms down to your fts shift point...

what you need to do to get this to work, is get a cruise control clutch switch from the junkyar, or even a brake switch, but you need to put it in the lower threads.. youll see what im talking about theres teh brake switch then the cruise control switch thats lower... ill take pics tomorrow when i get my camera back...

you get one wire from the switch and run it to the ground, then get one wire and run it to pin b8 of the ecu and voila fts that works

i have to thank wiledwhitecivic on pgmfi.org he is the one that figured out its pin b8.. i have been trying to get this to work for 3 years now... i was just scared to be switching wires around and fry something..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljMCdHuXNU

heres a little better video... this one i fixed my gasket leak between the turbo and manfold so now it hits full boost and when shifting gets back into boost alot faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-XPx0OTkak

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
i use it and im N/a. :td:

Except my full throttle is at my rev limit of 7100. My launch is 4400.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
i dont know how many people actually use this feature... but i got it working... i have tried to get it working with my old all motor setup, but now it works with my boosted setup...

and honestly it works fucking bitchen...

with crome free you add extra features under plugins then you set up your launch control rpm, and your full throttle shift rpm....

my launch control is at 6400 and my full throttle shift is at 5400... so i launch get to redline, push in the clutch, shift gears, let out the clutch and the car resumes to pull to redline again..

what this does is, instead of having to speed shift when full thorttle, or let off the gas to shift to help the syncros line up you just hold it to the floor and it cuts the rpms down to your fts shift point...

what you need to do to get this to work, is get a cruise control clutch switch from the junkyar, or even a brake switch, but you need to put it in the lower threads.. youll see what im talking about theres teh brake switch then the cruise control switch thats lower... ill take pics tomorrow when i get my camera back...

you get one wire from the switch and run it to the ground, then get one wire and run it to pin b8 of the ecu and voila fts that works

i have to thank wiledwhitecivic on pgmfi.org he is the one that figured out its pin b8.. i have been trying to get this to work for 3 years now... i was just scared to be switching wires around and fry something..

pics and vids up tomorrow :)
dude thats awesome.. i could never find out or my tuner about have the fts work in crome gold.. that will help out a shit ton if this acually works... pictures of the acual switch i need... and to be honest since my car is drag only, i can probably just use the brake light switch.... in for the pictures.

i use it and im N/a. :td:

Except my full throttle is at my rev limit of 7100. My launch is 4400.
whats the point in setting a FTS at you redline anyway..??? it would be the same as just holding it floored without having fts if your doing it at redline anyway lol

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Nice I don’t use it but I have been looking how to and found some of that info but hay nice to know it dose work.

I love when I hear about people blowing motors because thy leave the 3 step way high and it becomes there new revlimit lol.

Is b8 the psp input?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice I don’t use it but I have been looking how to and found some of that info but hay nice to know it dose work.

I love when I hear about people blowing motors because thy leave the 3 step way high and it becomes there new revlimit lol.

Is b8 the psp input?
yes it is....

lol

the only problem with crome free, as opposed to crome gold and ectune and hondata... etc... is your stuck to pin b8 i tried to figure out how to swtich it to another pin, but when im full throttle right before redline it still jumps up 200 rpm then cuts, but if i do it before redline lets say 6700 then it doesnt..

also when im stopped, and i push the clutch in, the ide jumps up 200 rpm i havent figured this out yet, my guess is because its supposed to be the powersteering switch but oh well..

i am happy it works

i will get pics later today, had a night of bar hoppin and chasin the single ladies :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
lol ya the psp switch was designed to bump the idle up at higher ps load. Well it works.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol ya the psp switch was designed to bump the idle up at higher ps load. Well it works.
yea, thats why i was saying crome pro, ectune or hondata, and other problems but thats my top 3 i know well about....

i need to save up for some ectune...

i love crome free, but honestly i dont think i would buy crome pro, i think i would just man up a little extra for the ectune with as buggy as free is, i dont know if pro would be the same way or not... and from what i heard, ectune is freakin awesome :)

·
Registered
EG8 sedan
81 Posts
So Normally on the clutch pedal you have the saftey switch, and then Cruise control. You use the cruise control one correct? and wire the pink wire to the ecu and the other side to ground?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So Normally on the clutch pedal you have the saftey switch, and then Cruise control. You use the cruise control one correct? and wire the pink wire to the ecu and the other side to ground?
yes exactly... wire the pink wire to pin b8 on the ecu, and the other wire, i just grounded it out

what about this option with turbo application ? keeping boost while clutching ?
this is what im using it for, so i dont have to speed shift and ruin my tranny, and so i dont have to let off the gas and loose boost...

when i push in the clutch and shift, i dont slam gears anymore, i shift a little quicker then i shift when im cruising let out the clutch and go...

i only lose about 2-3 psi having it setup like this and shifting as slow as i do with it... im just tired of breakin shift forks when i slam gears and speed shift its not worth it anymore i would rather lose 3 tenths of a second in the 1/4 the ruin a tranny tryinng to go that much faster lol :)

pics tonight sorry i have not been home, and maybe a video of it in action

·
Registered
EG8 sedan
81 Posts
I just tried this.

Pink wire to pin B8, black wire to grd.

Two step is set at 6000, FTS is at 4900. At a stop I can rev up past FTS to 2step, but when moving its constantly stuck at FTS.

Edit; regardless of clutch position.

And just tried again with the terminals switched and still nothing. I cannot go over 4900rpms while driving. I tried the upper switch and it works, just opposite. If hooked to the upper switch it will go over when i push the clutch in but not when the clutch is out.

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just tried this.

Pink wire to pin B8, black wire to grd.

Two step is set at 6000, FTS is at 4900. At a stop I can rev up past FTS to 2step, but when moving its constantly stuck at FTS.

Edit; regardless of clutch position.

And just tried again with the terminals switched and still nothing. I cannot go over 4900rpms while driving. I tried the upper switch and it works, just opposite. If hooked to the upper switch it will go over when i push the clutch in but not when the clutch is out.
strange, then that means either you have a bad ground or your lower switch is bad, because with the full throttle shift the pin looks for constant ground, and when the ground is broken it sets it to your rev point thats why with the lower switch you cant go past 4900 theres something wrong with it, but with your upper switch you can because it is grounding out when you push the clutch in

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
finally uploaded the video of it its in the 1st post :)

sorry for taking forever to make this..

but one thing i have noticed with the crome free, if you push the clutch in fast and shift fast, it doesnt really work to well...

once you activate the switch for it to work, it takes a second for it to actually cut the rev limit and i think thats just because its going to the powersteering pressure pin... if it was ectune or maybe crome pro im sure it would work alot better but its crome free, so no bells and whistles, you want it to work, you gotta program it to work ...

but honestly im happy it works no more slamming gears :)

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just watched the video, glad to see boost doesnt fall off that much anymore. I need to get this going!
that is also i have a bad gasket between the turbo and manifold my high boost should have been 13psi but it was only hitting 11 and also falling more and spooling back up slower..

usually it drops like 4-5 psi and when i let out the clutch and accelerate again its back up to full boost... not as slow as it was in the video

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
glad to see it working for you. i need to quit slacking!
new video on 1st post this one is better only 3rd to 4th shift tho... but you can see how much faster it spools back up

1 - 20 of 20 Posts