Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so heres the problem i have a 98 ex coupe with a boosted y8 i finally got all the parts for the ecu(p28, conversion harness, and a custom chip) however when i give it full throttle it bogs and doesn't accelerate how ever if i barley touch the throttle it will pull and climb all the way to the top but its not as fast as it was before also i just had the motor rebuilt and have 800 miles on it so far the specs of the chip are stock 240cc injectors no rev or speed limiter no o2 or knock sensors and vtec engagement @ 4.5k do you think its the chip or does it need to be dyno tuned oh yeah its boosted on 10psi on a ebay turbo any info is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Im confused you just got all the parts for P28 conversion, you said it ran fine before, was it tuned differently before or just stock??? is the new chip/tune the prob

Seems pretty obvios tho 240cc injectors probably arent doin the trick with 10psi... 240cc is what my y8 had stock, how about some 450's

Im not much of an expert tho

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it was stock p2p and drove better and faster also i could give it full throttle and it would take off i just couldnt get the top end for some reason i thought it was because of it not being chipped. I'm new to the boosted world so i dont really have any knowledge about the system besides the obvious stuff.

It's running super rich. Will the tune fix all of that?

·
Administrator
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
You need to stop driving the car asap. You are going to cause a lot of damage or blow it up if you haven't already.
You NEED a tune. No if's and's or but's about it. You are going to need bigger injectors as well and possibly a walbro 255 fuel pump too... What is this "chip" your talking about? Who wrote the map for it?

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Umm yeah i figured as much i bought the car like this and have gradually replaced everything that has broken when i got it the bottom end was blown along with a rod so i got a whole new block and when i turned it on the turbo oil feed line gasket blew shooting out all my oil in the street and ended up spinning all the bearings so i had a mechanic rebuild it all this time and that is what he told me i needed to do(get the chipped p28) so i got a p28 off of CL and ordered a chip from some guy on ebay idk it seemed legit i gave him all the specs and yeah thats where im at now what would the ideal size injectors be to make around 220whp?

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
Ebay chip = bad idea

Unless you found someone who is writing a base map based on your setup. But still on stock injectors @ 10-si you are looking at catastrophic failure in the near future. Get that chip (hopefully it is rewritable) installed, get some bigger injectors, and get your shit tuned. If you cared enough to have your block rebuilt properly you should protect your investment and get it tuned properly.

DSM 450s or RC 440s ... or similar sized injectors (coupled with a walbro 255 fuel pump) will be sufficient to get you to 220whp with a little room to grow.

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well it was based off my setup and thankfully it is a rewritable chip and yeah i paid 1k rebuilding that thing! But yeah thanks for the input and suggestions.

Do i need to buy the plugs with the injectors or should mine be plug and play? Also do i need a resistor box?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
dsm injectors will work just need to file down a tab on the inside of the injector clip.
with dsm injectors you will need a resistor box.

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
dsm injectors will work just need to file down a tab on the inside of the injector clip.
with dsm injectors you will need a resistor box.
Or if you end up with low impedance injectors for some reason.

·
Registered
My civic
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well its actually @7.8k didn't feel like typing it. Trolling a help post your the coolist guy. I don't want a rev limiter so i can take it all the way to 11k and make super power! (sarcastic if you didn't know) Keep your asshole comments to yourself.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
where are you at in NM

Well its actually @7.8k didn't feel like typing it. Trolling a help post your the coolist guy. I don't want a rev limiter so i can take it all the way to 11k and make super power! (sarcastic if you didn't know) Keep your asshole comments to yourself.
hey know play nice, where trying to help you but the quickest way to piss someone off on here is being a newb and smarting off

·
Registered
Ej8 coupe
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where are you at in NM

hey know play nice, where trying to help you but the quickest way to piss someone off on here is being a newb and smarting off
Lol i got the answers i needed and ive been nice about it even tho most of these post make me sound retarded but that one was just pointless and a stab at me so yeah ima smart off idc he didnt help me lol and im in rio rancho.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
First off, get yourself some injectors...450s or 550s perhaps from a DSM. Perhaps since you can actually drive that pile of impending doom, drive it to a tuner, having them install the injectors and resistor box, and have them tune it ASAP. Or you'll end up with just that...a pile of parts.

The reason you are accelerating @ WOT is because you are not tuned for it and your stock injectors are not helping. Plus perhaps your TPS is not set correctly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts