Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im building my turbo build now. i see that im going to have major issues with clearance with my stock sized radiator in my crx. Should i get a half-sized one like what came in the 92-95 civics or do you guys have overheating issues? im planning on running a 16b turbo for now just to get me going. im also going to be modifying my HF manifold to fit the 16b (not sure how the fitment is but my friend said its not bad my CNC machining class will help with that.)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
16b? you mean a 16g (dsm turbo)?

my cheap (eBay) 2" aluminum half size works GREAT on my vitara-D... i'd recommend going that route..

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
16b? you mean a 16g (dsm turbo)?

my cheap (eBay) 2" aluminum half size works GREAT on my vitara-D... i'd recommend going that route..
Sorry yeah 16g. you suggest that huh? im going to be running just cheap ass home depot pvc tubing (with no FMIC) for now to try and save some cash. I know im definitly going to need the cash though for the DP and stuff.

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
how much boost are you planning on running, i would say at least get the dual core half size. are you sure you are going to have clearance issues?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
if you can fit it with the full rad, do it!!! when i ran my full rad, i NEVER had a overheating prolem, EVER! even with the fan on a toggle switch, it would never overheat even without the fan running and me running 12psi as a DD

i run a stock half rad with ebay slim fan now...its a completely different story

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how much boost are you planning on running, i would say at least get the dual core half size. are you sure you are going to have clearance issues?
Yeah.. im pretty sure im going to have some clearance issues, im running AC and the full sized radiator. i can hardly put my fingers between the headers as it is i cannot immagine a turbo in there rocking to and fro under acceleration and not hitting anything. Im building a vitara z6 looking to hit 400whp but i know this turbo wont get me there. its just something to throw on there since my friend is gona give it to me for a fair price. ill take some measurments tommarow and report back with some pics too.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if you can fit it with the full rad, do it!!! when i ran my full rad, i NEVER had a overheating prolem, EVER! even with the fan on a toggle switch, it would never overheat even without the fan running and me running 12psi as a DD

i run a stock half rad with ebay slim fan now...its a completely different story
If i put a slim fan in on the other side i may be able to it will be a horrendous pain in the ass, but if you say it makes that much difference ill consider it ( I may not beable to put fans on both sides, does that matter? ill have to remove the one by my exhaust)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i made my own log manifold and had the turo hugging the block(most fabrication companies dont do this because it doesnt look as nice), which barely gave me enough room and not hit the radiator. i dont run a/c so i only ran one fan

·
Registered
93 integra ls b18c
2,633 Posts
Yeah.. im pretty sure im going to have some clearance issues, im running AC and the full sized radiator. i can hardly put my fingers between the headers as it is i cannot immagine a turbo in there rocking to and fro under acceleration and not hitting anything. Im building a vitara z6 looking to hit 400whp but i know this turbo wont get me there. its just something to throw on there since my friend is gona give it to me for a fair price. ill take some measurments tommarow and report back with some pics too.
Sorry yeah 16g. you suggest that huh? im going to be running just cheap ass home depot pvc tubing (with no FMIC) for now to try and save some cash. I know im definitly going to need the cash though for the DP and stuff.
pusher fan up front if you can get away with it, sort of depends how the turbo is mounted if you will need to go to a half size rad, i'm guessing with the numbers you want to put down you may have to in time. hope you don't plan on pushing much on the PVC no intercooler thing.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pusher fan up front if you can get away with it, sort of depends how the turbo is mounted if you will need to go to a half size rad, i'm guessing with the numbers you want to put down you may have to in time. hope you don't plan on pushing much on the PVC no intercooler thing.
Definitly am not going to drag with this, just going to get everything kind of tuned and set in place then ill start slowly peicing together the rest of my kit.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Cervan I have a FMIC off a audi that you could probably use. I fyou want to throw some $$$ to cover shipping I'll send it to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts