Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just want to share my experience with this company. Honestly I will be a returning customer to this company and will recommend them to anyone. The owner was VERY VERY helpful and also very nice. Any questions that I had with my setup, he was more than willing to help and answered every single question I had. I went with their V2 Fuel Filter Tucked Kit plus. The reason why I said plus is because I had told him that I would be mounting my Aeromotive FPR on the firewall and he was more than willing to put together a kit for me to make that work. I have not been able to install my kit yet as I am still waiting on my fuel rail to get here plus for the weather to clear up a little bit and I have to get a couple misc. pieces but everything looks awesome and feels great. :taz:

Pictures are the best I can do. My phone sucks

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
Y you no have pics?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,936 Posts
Things that should be noted about this product:

-It uses a compression fitting and a ferrule to mount to the hard-line coming out of the firewall. You will need a mini tubing cutter and possibly a hacksaw to cut the flare off the end of your OEM hard line to slip the ferrule over it.

-If you're using a OEM fuel rail, you will have to use vise grips to remove the pipe fitting that is threaded into the OEM fuel rail. The female threads inside the fuel rail may strip (mine did) when the fitting is on it's way out.

-You're married to this kit once you install. There is no converting back to stock because the hard line is cut and you've ruined your OEM fuel rail fitting by using vise grips to get it off.

With that being said, kit seems to be of good quality.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts

-It uses a compression fitting and a ferrule to mount to the hard-line coming out of the firewall. You will need a mini tubing cutter and possibly a hacksaw to cut the flare off the end of your OEM hard line to slip the ferrule over it.

-You're married to this kit once you install. There is no converting back to stock because the hard line is cut and you've ruined your OEM fuel rail fitting by using vise grips to get it off.

heres what the fitting looks like..

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
I highly dislike compression fittings in nearly every application. They are prone to overtightening and leaking. This is less common on steel lines, but, on older steel lines, this a real risk that I would not advise anyone to take.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
I to is not a fan of compression fittings neither, they leaked when I had to do my fuel return line. Did a -6an to oem hardline.

I went and did something else. I followed this.

·
Premium Member
Honda City
2,438 Posts

-If you're using a OEM fuel rail, you will have to use vise grips to remove the pipe fitting that is threaded into the OEM fuel rail. The female threads inside the fuel rail may strip (mine did) when the fitting is on it's way out.

Regarding the fuel rail fitting, there are smarter ways to get it off. There's a hole right across it. Just use something like a skewer and remove it and keep it usable for the future.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Such a sexy kit. I love it! Got my wheels turning about it. Thanks for that link as well!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts