Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! yes another noob....

My first civic build! I have a civic eg 1995 with a D13 carb engine in there, planning on swapping it for a D16Z6 turbo.

Im after a new fuel tank for fuel injection, but struggling to find a company out there who sell them?

Could anyone recommend someone to get this from please?

Btw excellent websit and comminty, keep up the good work guys!

Thanks.

Ash

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mate, I wasn't after a fuel pump, I'm after a fuel tank!

As the current tank in my car is for a carb engine, it doesn't have a return line or an in-tank fuel pump, which is why I'm after a complete new tank to suite a fuel injection system.

I'm struggling to find a supplier in the UK for one, but I'm guessing there should be a supplier in the US who could ship one to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh there are D13 engines with fuel injection and D15 D16 etc, but its difficult here to get a fuel tank from one!

you see in the UK most car breaks (scrap yards) wont allow you to take anything from the underside of a car for "health and safety", so unless someone is selling one on ebay or something, its hard to get hold of them.

Besides im going the extra mile with this car, so I would like to get a brand new one from somewhere, just need to find a company, perhaps in the US?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
apologies guys, I have now answered my own question...... just in case anyone else was planning on converting their carb system to a fuel injected engine:

Converting carb to fuel injection - Honda Civic Forum

This guide tells you how to do it (and you dont need to change your tank!)

but if you did also want to buy a new fuel tank for fuel injection civi eg's in the UK then check this out:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petrol-Injection-Engines-HATCHBACK-1991-95/dp/B00605696S[/ame]

I don't know what the site rules are with regards to linking external websites, but figured a lot of people don't take the time to post there answers... just a lot of unsolved mysteries!!!

cheers,

Ash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts