Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup peeps! Well got my d16y8 swap done but got a check engine code 91 fuel tank pressure switch. Has anyone came a cross of how to fix this problem thanks in advance.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
sup peeps! Well got my d16y8 swap done but got a check engine code 91 fuel tank pressure switch. Has anyone came a cross of how to fix this problem thanks in advance.
i know how to fix it... the question is why the F do you have it.
that code should only pop up if you swapped in a B or if your using an integra ecu.

i need more info then what you have posted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. the car is a 97 honda civic cx and the engine that i just put on is a d16y8 and the ecu is a 929-335. Im wondering if its my ecu is the problem?

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Vehicles equipped with an FTP sensor:
1996: Civic EX / D16Y8 (All coupes), Integra GSR & possibly LS
1997: Civic HX D16Y5 (All coupes; California sedan: LX)
1997: Civic LX D16Y7 (California coupe; California sedan: LX)
1997: Civic EX D16Y8 (All coupes; California sedan: LX)
1998: All Civic models
1999: All Civic models
(the above list came from a Helms manual)

you should have it and so should your ecu. i would make sure its plugged in actually.

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,663 Posts
I had this problem in my 97 hatch. The potentiometer fix works for a while but eventually the DTC comes back. I fixed it by using an ODB2a P28 ECU from a 95 Del Sol Si which came with a Y8 and no FTPS.

Here's another write-up on it on H-T.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1581107

·
Registered
97 4door EK-T
475 Posts
I had this problem in my 97 hatch. The potentiometer fix works for a while but eventually the DTC comes back. I fixed it by using an ODB2a P28 ECU from a 95 Del Sol Si which came with a Y8 and no FTPS.

Here's another write-up on it on H-T.

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1581107
Waw, I wish I knew about that when I used to have this problem. Waw. That's awesome. But thank god now I dont have emissions to pass no mo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts